Founded at St. Louis, Missouri in 1915, Webster University is an accredited, non-profit American university with over 100 locations in ten countries. Currently, there are 22,000 students studying at Webster campuses around the world. Webster University enjoys an international reputation for teaching and academic excellence. Renowned for its innovative, accredited educational programs, Webster meets the needs of students, businesses, and working adults around the globe.
Webster Leiden Campus is one of four international campuses located in Europe. It is the only institute of higher education in the Netherlands offering American accredited degrees (both a BA/BS and MA/MBA education). Since Webster began offering American degrees in the Netherlands in 1983, over 1600 students have graduated. Its alumni work for many of the most prestigious and interesting companies and organizations in the world.
Webster Leiden Campus
- Webster began operations in 1983 in a charming building in the historic center of Leiden.
- Webster is the only accredited institute of higher education in the Netherlands offering American accredited degrees (both a BA/BS and MA/MBA education).
- Currently, home to 300 students representing 50-plus nationalities with an alumni network of nearly 2,000 students.
- Webster is a non-profit university (Stichting) dedicated to excellence
Why Webster Leiden?
Webster Leiden Campus was founded in 1983 and since then we have had over 2,000 students from over 50 countries graduate. We are the only institute for Higher Education offering American-accredited degrees in the Netherlands with five schools and colleges include Arts & Sciences, Business & Technology, Communications, Education, and Fine Arts.
Our mission is bold and appropriate for these times: Webster University, a worldwide institution, ensuring high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.
Top Reasons to Study at Webster Leiden Campus
If you are planning to study for an American degree abroad here are our top reasons why you should choose Webster Leiden Campus as your study destination.
- Study in the heart of Europe
- Located in the heart of the Netherlands, our Leiden campus neighbors The Hague and Amsterdam, home to many organizations and businesses with a diverse and international workforce and clientele. Our strategic location and global reach attract a network of world-class faculty, often coming straight from the same international businesses and organizations, who provide our students with a unique learning experience where deep academic knowledge is combined with professional expertise.
- American education in Europe
- Webster Leiden is the only university that facilitates the ability to get an American education and accreditation in The Netherlands.
- Flexible Degree Structure
- Webster’s flexible degree structure promotes academic depth and intellectual breadth, encouraging you to explore diverse interests. Approximately half of your courses will be focused on your major area of study. Your remaining courses can be allocated to a second major, emphasis, minor, or certificate.
- It’s affordable
- In comparison to other European destinations like the United Kingdom, the Netherlands is an affordable place to earn a degree. The cost of living is significantly lower in “university towns” like Leiden, especially in comparison to what you’ll find in London or Paris. The NS, the country’s national train company, also offers heavily discounted tickets for students via its OV-Chipkaart program. In addition to the many student discounts offered by restaurants, theaters, and other businesses, living without a car isn’t just an option, it’s practically a way of life. It’s much easier to get around on a train or a bicycle.
- Orientation year ‘Zoekjaar’ for graduates
- Following graduation from Webster, a world of exciting opportunities will become available to you. The ‘Orientation Year for Graduates Seeking Employment’ is a residence permit aimed at retaining foreign talent for the Dutch labor market. You have up to three years after graduation to apply for this one-year residence permit.
- Career Service
- Webster University’s Career Center aims to give students the opportunity to present the best of themselves when applying for internships or jobs. The Career Center's mission is to educate our students about the career development process and industry options, empowering them to make informed career decisions. Further, we aim to prepare our students for experiential learning (i.e. internships and community service), employment, and further education and to connect hiring organizations with our diverse student talent.