UTP University of Science and Technology (Uniwersytet Technologiczno - Przyrodniczy – the UTP) in Bydgoszcz has a 60 year-long tradition going back to 1951 when the first school of higher education in Bydgoszcz was created - the Evening School of Engineering. Early in its history, it educated chemical and mechanical engineers. Having been converted into the Engineering School of Higher Education, in 1964, full-time, evening and extramural programmes were offered by 4 technological faculties.
The development of agricultural studies was launched in 1969 by the establishment in Bydgoszcz of the branch of the Agricultural School of Higher Education from Poznań. This branch became independent in 1972 by turning into the Faculty of Agriculture with Animal Production Section. Pursuant to the decree of Prime Minister of August 20, 1974, those two schools were joined into the Jan and Jędrzej Śniadecki’s University of Technology and Agriculture in Bydgoszcz, renamed the UTP University of Science and Technology in 2006.
UTP University of Science and Technology is a multi-profile school of higher education offering technical, agricultural, art and in the field of management study programmes.