M.S. in Marketing
University of Tampa - Sykes College of Business
USD 28,820 / per credit **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* applications are evaluated on a rolling basis. Due to this rolling basis, admission students are encouraged to apply early
** $655 per credit hour. Additional fees may apply
Why choose the UT marketing program?
UT's Master of Science in marketing is a contemporary, flexible program that allows graduate students to specialize in their course of study and build their marketing portfolio through hands-on, real-world research and consulting experiences.
The program is located on an urban campus in the heart of the Tampa Bay area's flourishing business, tech, and entrepreneurial community.
Program graduates use their degrees to launch careers in marketing or as catalysts for career change or advancement.
What makes it unique and valuable?
- The program is constantly being updated to offer a contemporary, cutting-edge marketing curriculum.
- It was recently updated to reflect a greater emphasis on marketing strategy, social-digital media, analytics, and professional sales.
- It is a flexible program with a strong core and multiple paths for individual focus and specialization.
- The program can be completed within one year or longer as needed.
- The program is rich in hands-on, real-world experiences.
- We have close ties and interactions with local companies, nonprofits, and entrepreneurs.
- Students have opportunities to collaborate with professors on research and business projects.
- There is a global emphasis within the curriculum and an international student body.
- The program offers an urban campus experience, in the center of the Tampa Bay area's metropolitan center and business sector.
Required Core Courses (16 credits)
The following courses are required:
- Strategic Marketing Analysis (MKT 610)
- Business Research Methods (MKT 612)
- Selling and Sales Management (MKT 614)
- Marketing Capstone (MKT 700)
Elective Courses (14 to 16 credits)
The following courses are electives:
- Global Marketing (MKT 613)
- Services Marketing and Management (MKT 652)
- Strategic Brand Management (MKT 654)
- Digital Marketing (MKT 656)
- Buyer Behavior (MKT 657)
- Sport Marketing (MKT 658)
- Information Systems and Operations Management (ITM 608)
- Business Analytics (MKT 615)
- Internship (MKT 690)
- Special Topics in Marketing (MKT 695)
- Independent Study in Marketing (MKT 699)
Prerequisite Courses (14 credits)
The following courses are prerequisites:
- Essentials of Accounting (ACC 500)
- Foundations of Finance (FIN 500)
- Foundational Economics for Managers (ECO 500)
- Statistics for Decision Makers (QMB 500)
- Introduction to Marketing (MKT 500)
Recent Program Changes
The recent program changes are:
- Strengthened the core courses with greater emphasis on marketing strategy, professional selling, research, and a marketing capstone.
- Expanded the offering of electives to respond to changes in marketing practice: social and digital marketing, technology, and analytics.
Internationally Recognized Program
The Sykes College of Business is accredited at the undergraduate and graduate levels by AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), an honor held by only six percent of business schools worldwide. It is rated a top-100 graduate business school in the U.S. by Bloomberg Businessweek, and since 2007 has been named among the 294 best business schools in the world by The Princeton Review.
What are the benefits of the program?
- Graduates can strengthen their qualifications to compete for employment opportunities and enter into a new marketing career.
- Graduates can develop and specialize in current marketing topics to seek a change or promotion within a marketing career path.
- In either case, students begin to build their marketing portfolio while in the program by collaborating with professors on research or consulting to local businesses through course projects, independent studies, internships, and special projects.
Scholarships and Funding
The following organizations offer private scholarships to graduate students with business majors. Many scholarships are only available to students attending schools holding the internationally recognized AACSB accreditation, which UT has.
- National Society of Hispanic MBA's (NSHMBA)
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
Who is the program designed for?
- People with business degrees who want advanced training in marketing.
- People without business degrees who want to switch careers into marketing.
- People in management-track roles who want to get promoted quickly within their organization.
- People who are launching new products or ventures.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.