M.Sc. in Actuarial and Financial Engineering
University of Tartu
EUR 6,000 / per year *
15 Mar 2024
Earliest start date
* 8 tuition waivers for EU/EEA/Swiss applicants
2-year master's programme prepares specialists for the financial sector, banking and insurance industries in quantitative methods of risk assessment and hedging, providing knowledge and skills in two major areas - financial engineering and insurance mathematics. Sound knowledge and interest in mathematics are advantageous to succeeding in this master's programme.
The ability to derive, implement, and use numerical procedures for computing various financial quantities is crucial for success in quantitative finance. It also helps make better choices when buying an insurance policy or stock options.
Why study Actuarial and Financial Engineering at the University of Tartu?
- The University of Tartu belongs to the top 1% of the world's universities.
- The only programme of this kind in the Nordic region, meeting EU educational standards in actuarial mathematics.
- Special emphasis is on applied mathematical models and quantitative methods.
- After graduation, you can pursue your career at banks, insurance companies and financial authorities as an analyst, actuary or risk engineer.
- Study at the University of Tartu Delta Centre which brings together a vibrant community of students, researchers and innovators in the fields of computer science, business and economics, mathematics and statistics.
Students interested in working in financial sector, banking and insurance industries or continuing their studies on PhD level. Sound knowledge and interest in mathematics are advantageous to succeding in this master's programme.
Graduates are welcome at:
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Insurance companies
- Financial departments of various companies
- Analytics departments of various companies
- Academic career and PhD studies