Master of Science in Strategic Management and Marketing University of Malta
- Course title: Master of Science in Strategic Management and Marketing
- Course code: PMSCSMNMRKFTT8
- Postnominal: M.Sc.(Melit.)
- Level of qualification: Second Cycle
- National Qualifications Framework level: Level 7
- Duration: 3 Semesters
- Mode of attendance: Full-time
- Total ECTS credits: 90
- Coordinator: Emanuel Said
- Delivered by: Faculty of Economics, Management and Accountancy
The programme offers an opportunity for participants to develop critical thinking skills and attitudes, along with a balanced knowledge (in terms of depth and width) of up-to-date theories and practices that organisations in any industry demand from modern managers and marketing executives. This approach aims to help graduates transform into executives who adopt and maintain a discipline where decisions are reached following an acute evaluation of risks based on reliable and valid evidence gathered about markets, competition and customers, rather than relying on management fads.
All study units rely on the latest thinking and ideas in the relevant discipline, based on empirical research that is leading to the emergence of new areas that are in demand across employers in developed economies.
The programme helps students to develop:
- A balanced knowledge and understanding of the latest thinking and ideas in the relevant discipline based on empirical research in new areas like people performance metrics, digital analytics, decision modelling, service design and social marketing;
- Evolved intellectual skills manifest through conceptualization and reasoning of options and positions in corporate and marketing strategy by challenging concepts, information and data as core aspects of insight access, gathering, filtering and dissemination in a corporate environment;
- Enhanced aptitudes to debate aspects of corporate and marketing strategy to a range of audiences that prevail in ordinary corporate contexts;
- Augmented abilities to creatively conceptualize offers involving product/service features, communications, distribution, service levels and processes in a variety of market conditions;
- Augmented numerical and qualitative analysis skills as well as an ability to conduct research projects independently as well as the ability to deploy digital analytics tools to create and implement marketing communications that stand out from the crowd;
- An entrepreneurial propensity towards creatively designing and deploying corporate strategies that translate in aligned human resource planning and deployment with relevance to specific marketing operations, as well as
- A capability to design service offers that appeal to targeted customers (using customer insight) and effectively deploy resources through acute rationality embedded in decision making whilst retaining a balance between stiff corporate and business objectives and society's needs.
Course intended for
The programme targets individuals who possess undergraduate degrees in management or marketing and are planning for a career in these areas.
Career opportunities and access to further studies
Graduates of the programme face a myriad of career opportunities in marketing and related management roles in a diversity of industries, locally and overseas. Specific opportunities may include fast growth sectors like i-gaming, financial services and other service sectors.