MSc in Leadership and Management
University of the Highlands and Islands
30 - 60 months
GBP 9,720 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Scottish: £5,000 | Rest of UK: £6,480 | International: £9,720
What is special about this course?
There are real challenges for leaders and managers with organisations looking to achieve more while controlling and cutting costs. Leaders need to take on greater responsibility to drive innovation and creativity within their teams, finding new solutions and new ways of working.
If you are already a graduate and have recently taken up a leadership position in an organisation - or are about to do so - you will no doubt be considering whether there is anything else you could be doing to develop and improve your leadership and management skills, especially if you wish to take a more proactive role.
This flexible and high-quality masters programme is designed to help you develop and enhance your leadership skills and knowledge through a structured online learning programme that is highly flexible and delivered by experienced practitioners.
An online induction is held in early September and mid-January each year (depending on your start date) which will introduce you to the online learning environment.
- Gives you the skills to become a more effective leader
- Enables you to work proactively, creatively and collaboratively
- You will undertake a major piece of advanced independent work within the area of leadership and management at a strategic level
- The course is available to study part-time and online through the university’s virtual learning environment (VLE),
enabling you to fit your study around your personal and professional commitments
- You can choose to study individual modules for continuing professional development (CPD) or work towards the PgCert, PgDip, or full masters degree
Scholarships and Funding
*Funding support notice*
- Postgraduate Loans (SAAS) (Scottish domiciled and EU students)
- Loans for tuition fees are available from SAAS for eligible Scotland domiciled and EU students, and loans for living costs for eligible Scottish students.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed your Leadership and Management course, you will have all the skills, knowledge and experience you need to seek senior management/leadership positions in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
With improved confidence, you will be better equipped to make decisions at the senior level, feel comfortable taking part in high-level meetings and have increased motivation to further your career.