MSc Management and Finance
University of Sussex Business School
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
GBP 22,500 / per year **
01 Aug 2023*
Earliest start date
* international: 1 August 2023 | UK: 1 September 2023
** full-time international students | £13,135/year for full-time home/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students
- Duration: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
- Start date: September 2023
- Apply by: 1 August 2023 (international), 1 September 2023 (UK)
Studying a dual-subject Master's enables you to take on a range of roles in management consultancy, banking, corporate finance and financial management.
We offer broad training in management and financial skills. You’ll gain an in-depth appreciation of the financial environment in both the public and private sectors.
As the course progresses, you’ll have the opportunity to study specialised topics in management or finance to match your career interests. And by learning with people from all over the world, you’ll develop the expertise and confidence to work globally.
The University of Sussex Business School is accredited by EQUIS, the most comprehensive institutional accreditation system for business and management schools. Accreditation ensures rigorous quality control, benchmarking against international standards and is acknowledged worldwide.
Our MSc is for you if you’re aiming for a career in:
- Global business management or management consultancy
- Corporate finance and financial management
- Local and central government.
These modules are running in the academic year 2023/24. However, there may be changes to these modules due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. It may not be possible to take some module combinations due to timetabling constraints. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
- Corporate Finance
- Institutions in the Global Financial Market
- Leading and Managing People
- Personal and Professional Development for Management and Finance
- Accounting for Decision Makers in Management and Finance
- Business Analysis Report
Alongside your core modules, you can choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests. This list gives you a flavour of our options, which are kept under review and may change, for example in response to student feedback or the latest research.
While it’s our aim for students to take their preferred combinations of options, this can’t be guaranteed and will be subject to timetabling. Options may be grouped and if so, students will be able to choose a set number of options from the selection available in any particular group.
- Business Communication Skills
- Management, Innovation and Organisational Performance
- Corporate Governance
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Ethics and Organisations: Responsibility and Justice
- Intercultural Communication in the Workplace
- Managing Human Resources
- Marketing Management and Practice
- Multinational Financial Management
- Strategic Management (Business & Management)
We’ll make all reasonable efforts to provide you with the courses, services and facilities described in this prospectus. However, we may need to make changes due to significant disruption, for example in response to COVID-19.
- 1st in the UK for annual research income in 2020/21 (Chartered Association of Business Schools)
- 11th in the UK for Economics and Business (US News & World Report Best Global Universities 2022)
- 13th in the UK for Business and Economics (The Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2022)
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Our aim is to ensure that every student who wants to study with us is able to despite financial barriers so that we continue to attract talented and unique individuals.
Working while you study
Our Careers and Employability Centre can help you find part-time work while you study.