MSc Medical Biotechnology
University of Portsmouth
Southsea, United Kingdom
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
GBP 10,900 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for full time: £10900, part time: £5,450 per year for UK/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students/EU residents I Full time: £18,300 Part time: £9,150 per year : international students
With this MSc Medical Biotechnology degree, you’ll develop practical and analytical skills in molecular biotechnology, including exploring online biological databases, therapeutics, bioinformatics and diagnostics.
You'll build practical laboratory skills in academia and industry and study in a challenging learning environment informed by professional practice, current research and advanced laboratory techniques.
Medical biotechnology is a rapidly expanding industry. With the UK being Europe’s leading biotech hub (McKinsey & Co) and Portsmouth ranked third of all post-1992 universities in the UK for research power, there’s no better time to take your previous studies to the postgraduate level.
When you graduate, you’ll be ready for a successful career in research or industry in the biotechnology sector or the fields of bioscience or pharmaceutics.
- Unpack a practical and theoretical understanding of the molecular techniques used in the medical biotechnology sector
- Conduct independent medical biotechnology research in areas such as pathology, drug development, clinical trials, business and bioinformatics
- Access professional research equipment in the University's many laboratories, including the Biophysical and Pharmaceutics labs
- Learn from medical professionals and academics working in drug design, synthesis and diagnostics – with the opportunity to undertake a research project in a professional environment (previous project partners have included Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust and Sierra Medical)
- Have opportunities to build your business ideas through our Student start-up and Entrepreneurs in Residence
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.