University of Portsmouth
Southsea, United Kingdom
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
GBP 10,900 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for full time: £10,900, part time: £5,450 per year for UK/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students/EU residents I Full time: £18,300 Part time: £9,150 per year : international students
Turn your ambition into the postgraduate qualification you need and open doors to an exciting career in biotechnology.
With the UK being Europe’s leading biotech hub and Portsmouth ranked third of all modern post-92 universities in the UK for research power, there’s no better time to study our Master’s in Biotechnology.
You’ll develop your understanding of molecular tools used to solve global issues, including the exploration of genetic engineering, bioinformatics, and online biological databases, and tailor your studies and experiments to the areas of biotechnology that match your interests.
When you graduate, you’ll be in a strong position to succeed in many fields, from industry and academia to research and development – with the opportunity to specialise later in your career.
- Prepare to work in industry or academic environments, choosing subjects that match your aspirations.
- Unpack a practical and a theoretical understanding of the molecular techniques used in the biotechnology sector.
- Develop your practical skills using professional research equipment in the University's complex of over 30 laboratories.
- Benefit from our world-renowned Centre for Enzyme Innovation, where we're researching solutions to some of the most pressing global environmental problems.
- Study modules in entrepreneurship, bioinformatics, and genetic engineering.
- Access opportunities to build your business ideas through our Student start-up and Entrepreneurs in Residence.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.