Master in Management
University of Porto School of Economics and Management
Earliest start date
The Master Degree in Management at FEP, University of Porto, is a 24-month full-time program, the objectives of which are clear from its solid but diversified curriculum, its emphasis on practical and applied knowledge, and its major concern with regard to participants’ personal and social development.
Students can ready themselves for a career at a global level, by pursuing an internship, by undertaking part of their studies abroad, or by networking with colleagues from all over the world and attending seminars with top international speakers organized by FEP’s research centers.
The establishment of "dual degree agreements” with Kedge Business School, with Warsaw School of Economics and with FEA-USP (University of São Paulo - agreement in renegotiation) - the most prestigious Latin American university - together with a series of student exchange protocols established between FEP and other prestigious universities abroad, create important opportunities that students are encouraged to take advantage of.
Further, the MSc in Management program at FEP (U.Porto) is part of the QTEM- Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management network, facilitating the access by the best students to international study and work abroad within the QTEM Master network that gathers prestigious academic and corporate partners.
The contribution of international students is crucial, something that was evident in the programs previous editions. These students are welcomed by a tutor, who is also a student, to permit them a smooth integration. The International Student Office also provides assistance to international students during their stay. Finally, the University of Porto, a worldwide highly-ranked university, and Porto, a vibrant city full of history, which has a striving social and cultural life, provide a wonderful environment for the pursuit of graduate studies. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Dual Degree Agreement
FEP has a "dual degree agreement” with Kedge Business School (Marseille/Bordeaux – France), with FEA-USP (University of São Paulo, Brazil - agreement in renegotiation) and with Warsaw School of Economics (Poland).
Why Study at FEP
- FEP received the AACSB international accreditation, one of the most important international certifications in business education. FEP is part of the distinguished group of about 6% of schools in this field that, all over the world, have this accreditation
- U.Porto is a worldwide highly-ranked university
- Top students
- Teaching quality and research-oriented faculty
- FEP belongs to the QTEM Master Network, which gathers outstanding students from 23 top economics schools worldwide
- Double degrees (in the Bachelor in Business Administration with FEA-USP, in the Master in Management with FEA-USP (agreement in renegotiation), Kedge Business School and Warsaw School of Economics and in the Master in Finance with Kozminski University and Prague University of Economics and Business)
- Knowledge and professional skills
- Extracurricular activities
- Academic and professional integration support services
- Access to numerous internships and recruitment opportunities
- The notorious and vast alumni network
- Vibrant student life at the University of Porto: sports, culture, leisure
- The Master Degree in Management at FEP aims to provide students with solid background knowledge in key management functional areas (financial, strategic, sales, operations and people), plus a more developed knowledge in one or several specialized areas.
- While theoretical depth is pursued, the emphasis is on the use of concepts in real-life situations. The program seeks to adapt to each participant’s life project, by allowing specialization and by providing options that fit different career profiles – e.g. business manager, entrepreneur or academic.
- Finally, the development of participants’ social skills at several levels is an important aim of the course. All of these objectives are subsumed within the course’s core objectives: i.e. employability and internationalization, or, in other words, the preparation of students for a successful career in business management in a global setting.
Candidates should possess a 3-year bachelor’s degree in management, economics, or a similar subject and be proficient in English, the language in which the master course is taught. The program is essentially targeted at recently graduated students with little or no professional experience.
In 2021, the Master in Management reached the top 100 of the Financial Times ranking, being ranked 98th worldwide. In Portugal, only four schools appear in this exclusive ranking of management programmes.
The Master in Management is also in the 85th position of QS Business Masters Rankings 2023, which lists the best management programmes in the world.
Program Admission Requirements
Demonstrate your commitment and readiness to succeed in business school by taking the GMAT exam – the most widely used exam for admissions that measures your critical thinking and reasoning skills.
Download the GMAT mini quiz to get a flavour of the questions you’ll find in the exam.