Master in Economics
University of Porto School of Economics and Management
Earliest start date
The Master in Economics at FEP (University of Porto) is an MSc. programme, targeted at students who wish to expand their basic training in economics (particularly recent economics, finance, and management graduates) via an improvement of their skills in relation to a range of economic analysis tools. A rigorous organisation and teaching of the course units, combined with a flexible studies plan means that core knowledge can be deepened, while the student’s specialization and application options are diversified.
Why Study at FEP
- FEP received the AACSB international accreditation, one of the most important international certifications in business education. FEP is part of the distinguished group of about 6% of schools in this field that, all over the world, have this accreditation
- U.Porto is a worldwide highly-ranked university
- Top students
- Teaching quality and research-oriented faculty
- FEP belongs to the QTEM Master Network, which gathers outstanding students from 23 top economics schools worldwide
- Double degrees (in the Bachelor in Business Administration with FEA-USP, in the Master in Management with FEA-USP (agreement in renegotiation), Kedge Business School and Warsaw School of Economics and in the Master in Finance with Kozminski University and Prague University of Economics and Business)
- Knowledge and professional skills
- Extracurricular activities
- Academic and professional integration support services
- Access to numerous internships and recruitment opportunities
- The notorious and vast alumni network
- Vibrant student life at the University of Porto: sports, culture, leisure
The Master in Economics program stresses the individual monitoring of the progress of each student, including the coherent selection of specializations, and timely supervision of the required dissertation, work project or internship, based on the quality, experience, and dedication of the faculty and academic staff. Support also comprises international mobility options, careers advice and job market preparation training.
The Master in Economics has a track taught in English, in addition to the one taught in Portuguese. The English-track is intended for both Portuguese and foreign students, who wish to use the Master in Economics to leverage their education via the added value of the fluent use of English, the international language in economics. This English track is part of the QTEM - Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management network, which means that the Master in Economics, firstly, facilitates access by the best students to study and work abroad within the QTEM network that gathers prestigious academic and corporate partners and, secondly, is a student-friendly option for exchange students from participating foreign partner academic institutions.
The aim of the Master in Economics is to continue with the education obtained in 1st cycle degrees in Economics and/or Management, in order to enable the development of the skills required by those seeking demanding careers, to which 1st cycle degrees do not afford access. The flexibility of the plan of studies means that students can design a course curriculum that meets their specific objectives whether this is joining the employment market and flexibility in that market or access to the Ph.D. program in Economics of recognized international prestige.
The Master in Economics is intended for graduates with a 3-year bachelor degree (or graduates with a similar foreign degree), who wish to expand their basic training in economics (particularly recent economics, finance, and management graduates) and to the students who are willing to participate in QTEM Master Program.
The Master in Economics ranks in the 23rd place in the Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking 2022 of the best programmes in Economics in Western Europe.