Master of Science in Developmental and Educational Psychology University of Padova
The Master’s degree provides students with cutting-edge scientific knowledge and skills concerning typical and atypical development, and advanced topics in emotion regulation, peer relationships, and cultural developmental psychology. The program encourages students’ active engagement and participation by combining theory with advanced methodology and practice that can be applied to different developmental periods, from infancy to late adolescence.
- Research issues in typical cognitive development
- Statistical methods and data analysis in developmental psychology
- Advanced data analysis for psychological science
- Experimental research methods in psychology
- Developmental cognitive and social neuroscience
- Cultural developmental psychology
- Research issues in atypical development and learning
- Advanced topics in emotion regulation and education
- Advanced topics in peer relationships research
- Risk prevention and wellness promotion among youth
- Economic inequality: perception, consequences, and legitimization
- Introduction to scientific writing
- Writing grant proposals
- Research ethic
Graduates work as professionals in applied developmental and educational psychology, especially in education or child and youth clinical centers, or as data scientists or policy advisers at the international level. The program also represents an excellent starting point for Ph.D. studies.
The University of Padua is among the top 150 in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022 for Psychology.
It is also among the top 150 in the Times Higher Education's World University Rankings 2022 for Psychology.