Athletic Training 3+2 Program
University Of Nebraska Kearney
USD 259 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* in-state tuition per credit hour; USD 569 per credit hour - non-resident
The Athletic Training program at the University of Nebraska at Kearney is committed to offering students a wide variety of educational experiences while preparing them for an evolving field. Athletic training professionals are trained to manage the overall health care of interscholastic, intercollegiate, professional, and recreational athletes.
The Athletic Training 3+2 Academic sequence comprises a 5-year undergraduate and graduate combined course sequence. During the 4th year, students will take undergraduate courses and 1st year Master of Athletic Training courses, which require them to complete the bachelor’s degree prior to the 2nd year of Master of Athletic Training. To be eligible to pursue such an academic sequence, the following major/minor is recommended but not limited to:
- Major – Exercise Science, Physical Education, Health Science
- Minor – Athletic Training Foundation Minor, Pre-Athletic Training
Athletic Training 3+2 Academic sequence allows students to have great academic and hands-on clinical experience. This will provide the eligibility to challenge the Board of Certification (BOC) examination at the completion of the Master of Athletic Training.
* The Athletic Training 3+2 Academic sequence will NOT guarantee an acceptance to the Master of Athletic Training in the 4th year. All students will go through the Master of Athletic Training admission process to pursue the graduate degree.
The Athletic Training program is developed around the standards implemented by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education. Through this program, students have the opportunity to gain practical field and clinical experiences within the UNK Athletic Department and at one of the many off-campus clinics and high school internship sites.
- Traditional athletic setting
- Collegiate and high school sports
- Professional sports teams
- Corporate setting
- Military and industrial settings
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.