Master of Science in Computer Science Engineering
University of Miskolc
EUR 3,500 / per semester
15 Jul 2024
Earliest start date
The Computer science engineering course is a program of study that focuses on the theoretical and practical aspects of computing. Computer science students learn about the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware systems. They also learn about the underlying mathematical and scientific principles that underpin computer science. The objective of the program is to train computer science, software engineers who, after acquiring a high level of natural science and specific technical knowledge related to their field, are able to design new IT systems and equipment, to develop and integrate IT systems, to perform and co-ordinate research and development tasks for IT purposes.
They are prepared to continue their studies at the postgraduate level.
The program provides a comprehensive knowledge with sound theoretical foundations in the following areas: Software engineering methodologies, SE technologies, Optimization of algorithms, Integration of system components, Parallel algorithms, Programming on a mobile platform, Programming on distributed web platform Data security, Data Analysis, and DW systems, Text mining technologies. The course includes one semester of final research and thesis writing.
Natural Science (25-30 credits)
- Discrete Mathematics and Applications
- Numerical Methods and Optimization
- Information Theory and Cryptography
- Enterprise Application Integration
- Theory of Error-Correcting Codes
Economics and Social Science (10-20 credits)
- Environmental Management
- Project Management or Innovation Management for Engineers
Professional Subjects (10-30 credits)
- Architectures and Embedded Systems
- Operation Systems and Networks
- Modern Database Systems
- Geometric Modelling and its applications
- Software Engineering
Specialization (10-30 credits)
- Development of Distributed Systems
- Integrated Software Systems and Testing
- Data Analysis and Data Mining
- Software System Security
- Mobile and IoT Application Development or Applied Machine Learning
Thesis work (30 credits)
- Thesis work I
- Thesis work II
Software engineer in almost any field of Information Technology (software development, programming, OS, and databases).
Graduates are able to carry out and coordinate research and development tasks in computer science.