Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) University of Louisville - College of Business
The STEM Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is an accelerated, 12-month program with a team-based structure that creates a rich and diverse learning environment. Students work both in teams and independently to complete the coursework. The program is designed and delivered in collaboration with local businesses to provide a realistic business orientation, increasing your skill relevance in the professional marketplace.
STEM MSBA Highlights
- Learn analytics tools: Python, R, Tableau
- A STEM-designated program that provides additional benefits for international students
- Gain analytics skills/techniques:
- Data mining
- Data modeling
- Data visualization
- Discrete choice modeling
- Machine learning
- Prediction algorithms
- Statistical analysis
- Textual analysis
- Web scraping
- 30-33 credit-hours in a team-based format
- $30,000 bundled tuition and fees – regardless of residency
- A competitive paid internship is available for those who qualify*
- Work with real-world company data and projects to solve real business issues through a capstone consulting project
- Personalized communication coaching to support your success
- Lifetime career support through the Ulmer Career Center
- Interact with corporate speakers and network with influential employers and experts
- On-campus program in state-of-the-art facilities
*competitive and not guaranteed
The Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program requires a minimum of 30 credit hours for program completion. Currently, 22.5 credit hours are core and 7.5 credit hours are in electives.
Students also may enroll in up to three (3) additional credit hours in Analytics Internship courses spread across the program's three semesters.
- Python for Analytics
- R for Analytics
- Modern Data Management
- Statistical Foundations
- Predictive Analytics
- Advanced Analytical Tools
- Applied Machine Learning
- Storytelling with Data
- Data Visualization with Power BI
- AI and Ethics
- Business Intelligence
- Data Warehousing
- Marketing Analytics
- Logistics Analytics
- Deep Learning
- Cloud Computing
- AND MORE!
*Subject to change.
The UofL MSBA is designed to accelerate your learning so you can build high-level expertise now. Entry-level jobs are for other people. Transform yourself into an expert and go-to leader for strategic insights in your organization and a top choice for any employer.
Program Tuition Fee
MSBA Industry Partners
Our partnership with businesses works to your advantage. Feedback from these and other companies helps us fine-tune the curriculum to address skill gaps in the local workforce and ensure the skills you learn are in high demand. Our industry partners include:
- Accentf(x) Marketing
- Edj Analytics
- KFC Yum!
- Trilogy Health Services
- Texas Roadhouse
- Papa Johns
- LG&E KU
Our industry partners and other companies support us by:
- hiring our students for lengthy internships
- hiring our graduates to fill permanent positions in business analytics.
- providing business-market insights to help us maintain a relevant curriculum that meets industry needs