MSc in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
University of Limerick
EUR 13,750 / per year *
Earliest start date
* EU students: €5,169 | non-EU students: €13,750
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one of the most exciting areas in computer science and engineering. AI and Machine Learning (ML) address the challenge of creating machines having the capability to learn, adapt, and exhibit intelligence. AI research is revolutionising our lives and leading us to a world with self-driving cars, automated trading on stock markets, AI-assisted surgery, AI-controlled power grids, smartphones that can recognise objects/faces/speech, search engines that can translate languages, video games that exhibit responsive, adaptive and intelligent behaviour.
This new unique Programme embraces the new trends in AI by combining established AI techniques like:
- Unsupervised/Supervised/Reinforcement learning, Deep Learning, Parametric/Nonparametric regression, and classification, Evolutionary Computation, Bayesian Networks, and Search Algorithms,
with emerging disciplines and technologies such as:
- Deep Reinforcement Learning, Causality modelling, Bioinspired robotics, Evolutionary robotics, Humanoid robotics, Games-inspired Behavior modelling, Automatic compliance checking, Automatic workflow synthesis, Machine-supported correctness, Probabilistic programming, and Explainable AI.
Emphasis is on applying these techniques to a variety of application areas: text analytics and natural language processing, machine vision, games, smart manufacturing, predictive maintenance, motion and planning, business analytics, finance, and many others.
This course prepares students for industry careers in data analytics, data science, machine learning and AI. It also aims to give the students the theoretical knowledge to potentially become high profile PhD candidates and who can carry out high profile research in AI.
Introduction to Data Engineering and Machine Learning
- Evolutionary Computation and Humanoid Robotics
- Text Analytics and Natural Language Processing
- Artificial Intelligence for Games
- Machine Vision
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Probabilistic and Explainable AI
- Theory and Practice of Advanced AI Ecosystems
- Research Methods and Project Specification
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Project