MSc International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield, United Kingdom
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
GBP 13,950 *
Earliest start date
* international students full time, part time £1160 per 15 credits / UK students full time £9450, part time £790 per 15 credits / EU students full time £13950, part time £1160 per 15 credits
"Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, examinations may be replaced by an alternative form of assessment during the academic year 2021/2022. Please refer to the Programme Specification on these pages for further details."
Why choose Herts?
- Industry accreditations: The University is a member of the Tourism Management Institute (T.M.I.), the Association of British Travel Agents (A.B.T.A.), and the Association for Event Management Education (A.E.M.E.).
- Employment prospects: Graduates work as hotel customer relations managers, travel agents, and airline staff for organisations including Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Expedia Group, and TUI.
- Flexibility: You have the option to complete the course on fast-track in one academic year, or to complete in two years with a choice of a work placement or advanced research.
The University is a member of the Tourism Management Institute (T.M.I.), the Association of British Travel Agents (A.B.T.A.) and the Association for Event Management Education (A.E.M.E.).
About the course
M.Sc. International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management have been designed to provide you with the enhanced skills and knowledge which are necessary to support key decision-making within the international tourism, hospitality and event industries. The programme is underpinned by a strong theoretical base across a number of contexts relevant to tourism, hospitality and event management in contemporary international environments. A distinctive feature of this programme is that it offers you opportunities to interact with current industry practitioners and therefore enables a hands-on approach.
The programme is offered full time (1-year mode) or part-time (2-year mode). A new sandwich version is also offered full time on a 2-year mode. The sandwich programme requires you to successfully complete a minimum of 36 weeks of full-time work placement. This is a very valuable experience that allows you to familiarise yourself with the day to day activities of Tourism, Hospitality and Event businesses, and to use your initiative in dealing with issues of the work environment.
Why choose this course?
- The course offers you comprehensive knowledge of the Tourism, Hospitality and Event industries.
- It is delivered by a very successful and internationally renowned team of experts, both in terms of their managerial experience and academic knowledge.
- It offers a balance of practical input and academic knowledge to support graduates in their future careers within these industries.
- It provides opportunities to interact with current industry practitioners.
- It presents flexibility to study full time, part-time and it offers the possibility to undertake a work placement.
At the University of Hertfordshire, we want to make sure your time studying with us is as stress-free and rewarding as possible. We offer a range of support services including; student wellbeing, academic support, accommodation, and childcare to ensure that you make the most of your time at Herts and can focus on studying and having fun.
- Sandwich placement or study abroad year: n/a
- Applications open to international and EU students: Yes
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.