Double Degree Master in International Business and Finance
University of Groningen
EUR 2,314 / per year **
01 May 2024*
Earliest start date
* EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA students
** EU/EEA students: €2,314 | non-EU/EEA students: €17,800
Are you interested in an international career in or involving China? Study in Groningen and Shanghai and gain first-hand knowledge and experience of China and its economy, language, and culture.
If you wish to embark on a career as a global economist or business consultant, you will need to have knowledge of the economic and monetary policies and political economics of leading nations and to be able to recognize trends in the world economy.
This double-degree master’s program is structured in two parts. During year one, you will study one of the one-year Master's degrees at the Faculty of Economics and Business, in Groningen. Year two is spent at the School of Economics at Fudan University in Shanghai where two tracks are offered:
- International Business (specialized in Chinese Economy): you can study themes relating to the economic and business strategies, theories, and practices of China.
- Finance: you can study themes related to finance and China.
The core content of both tracks reflects the increasing globalization and evolution taking place within organizations and in the field of global economics and finance. You can also attend a major international series of cutting-edge business and finance lectures. This is a unique opportunity to gain a global perspective on world economics or finance and graduate with two internationally recognized Master's degrees.
Why study this program in Groningen?
- For those aspiring to an international business, finance, or economics career in or involving China or Southeast Asia, this double degree offers a unique opportunity to study on 2 continents and gain 2 recognized Master's degrees from 2 world-class universities.
- During your studies, you gain insight into the consequences of globalization for multinationals and learn to recognize trends in the world economy.
- The program has been internationally accredited by the AACSB and EQUIS, ensuring a high-quality education, which only 1% of universities reach worldwide.
In year one, you study one of the one-year (60 EC) MSc programmes at the Faculty of Economics and Business in Groningen.
You can prepare for year two by taking extra-curricular courses in Basic Chinese (HSK Mandarin I and II) and participating in extra-curricular Sino-Dutch activities organised in Groningen by the Groningen Confucius Institute. However, knowledge of the Chinese language is not required for admission to the 2nd year of study at Fudan University.
- MSc Accountancy and Controlling
- MSc Business Administration
- MSc Econometrics, Operations Research and Actuarial Studies
- MSc Economics
- MSc Economic Development and Globalization
- MSc Finance
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc International Business and Management
- MSc International Financial Management
- MSc Marketing
You study at Fudan University (a member of the C9 league, an alliance of nine most prestigious Chinese universities) in one of the two tracks: International Business and Finance. Your curriculum at Fudan University School of Economics focuses on a variety of themes relating to the economy of China and China's role in South East Asia, among others, the Chinese economic system, international trade, finance, public administration and law. The programme also covers Chinese language courses (up to the intermediate level), field trips, cultural activities, and a three-month part-time internship.
And you write a Master's thesis which can build on your Groningen thesis. After finishing the 2-year programme, you have gained:
- knowledge and expertise in the ways individual, group and organisational factors influence organisational performance, problem-solving and strategic decision-making;
- insight into the consequences of globalisation for multinational enterprises and the socio-economic and institutional differences between countries, in particular differences between countries in Europe, China and South-East Asia;
- the ability to apply the tools of modern economic analysis to issues of development policy;
- acquired analytical and business skills in an international context;
- the capacity to evaluate critically different approaches to development analysis and policy;
- comprehensive knowledge of finance, the economy, business, law, culture and policies of China.
In addition, you experienced international student life in two different cultures with sufficient time spent in each environment to obtain a thorough understanding of both cultures and to graduate after two years with two nationally and internationally recognised Master's degrees from two outstanding, research-driven institutions in the PR of China and The Netherlands.
- Study at Lund University (60 EC)
Energy Focus Area (specialisation)
- Study abroad is required
- Maximum of 60 EC
Our double degree partner is Fudan University in Shanghai, China.
Program Tuition Fee
This double degree program has been designed for individuals who aspire to a career in national, international, multinational, or transnational institutions and enterprises such as:
- international economist and strategy expert in a multinational corporation or financial institution;
- staff member, with an (inter)national governmental organization such as IMF, World Bank, OECD, WTO, ECB, ODI, or the EU;
- professional economist on development, Chinese and East Asian transition economic issues in international agencies, governments, or the private sector;
- economic consultant with an (inter)national governmental organization;
- business consultant with an internationally operating consultancy firm;
- academic researcher at a university or research institute.
- As a graduate, your degree will be highly valued in the labor market. The Faculty of Economics and Business is internationally accredited and belongs to the 1% of business schools around the world accredited by both EQUIS and AACSB. Fudan University ranked 34th according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings. Its Economics and Finance subjects ranked 48th globally.
Linking education to research and career preparation
Our research-driven education is strongly rooted in business practice and society. At the heart of our teaching approach is (interdisciplinary) research and in collaboration with external partners, students, and professors conduct projects on societally relevant topics such as healthy society and the economics of healthcare systems, digitalization, and how AI is shaping business and societies, leadership and governance, future prosperity and sustainability, climate change and how to tackle the shift to renewable energy.