MSc in Sustainable Energy
University of Glasgow - College of Science & Engineering
Glasgow, United Kingdom
GBP 25,750 *
Earliest start date
* UK full-time fee: £10950 / international & EU full-time fee: £25750
The Master's in Sustainable Energy is an interdisciplinary programme that will equip you for employment within the international energy sector. This programme addresses all the key aspects of sustainable energy, from the most advanced technologies to ethical and economic considerations.
Why this Programme
- This programme provides an in-depth knowledge of the social and economic drivers of the current UK and international energy industry, and insights into the behavioural, business and technical aspects concerned with energy production and distribution.
- Students will learn a range of technical knowledge in the science and engineering of energy production and use, with emphasis on chemical, electrical and mechanical engineering, dependent on the students’ preferences and past experience.
- Students will graduate from this programme with complete scientific knowledge and appreciation of the relevance of traditional and emerging energy technologies.
- Learning will be underpinned by regular industrial lectures and commentary so that the context is maintained and highlighted throughout the year.
- The MSc Sustainable Energy is accredited in the “Further Learning” category accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE), the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE), the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT), and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). This means that a student with an accredited BEng undergraduate degree can take the accredited "Further Learning" MSc to top up their academic qualifications in order to meet the full academic requirements for conferral of the title of Chartered Engineer. This is an alternative route to the 5-year undergraduate MEng route.
- The programme is in the process of gaining reaccreditation with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Glasgow is ranked in the top 10 in the UK (Complete University Guide 2022).
- The School of Engineering has an Athena Swan Bronze Award, demonstrating the school’s commitment to supporting women in scientific studies and careers, and to improving the working environment for all.