UFLO was founded in 1995 with the aim of training citizens, professionals, technicians, and researchers who integrate their current discipline with social and environmental needs. It manages its actions from a global perspective that starts from local and regional needs.
Final approval: On September 15, 2015, the University of Flores, represented by its Rector, Mg. Nestor Blanco, received the decree of final approval in the terms established by law 24,521. Thus, the then President of the Nation, Dra. Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, delivered the Decree of the National Executive Power No. 1889 to the Rector through an act held in the Bicentennial Hall of Argentine Women, within the framework of different announcements and presentation of projects related to education.
Today, the University has two locations where training, innovation, and transfer activities take place. The Buenos Aires headquarters is distributed in four buildings: three in the Buenos Aires neighborhood of Flores and an annex in the town of Bella Vista, province of Buenos Aires. The Comahue regional headquarters is located in the city of Cipolletti, Río Negro province.