Master in Pedagogy and Teaching for Sustainability
University of Eastern Finland
EUR 8,000 / per year **
17 Jan 2024*
Earliest start date
* Application period starts on 3 January 2024.
** Non-EU/EEA nationals per academic year; EU/EEA nationals no tuition fee. Tuition waivers are available.
The two-year Master’s Degree Program in Pedagogy and Teaching for Sustainability is a multidisciplinary program focusing on pedagogical approaches to promote sustainability through education. The program is divided into orientation studies, methodological studies, subject studies, and other studies. The curriculum of the program has a global focus and it offers a wide opportunity to learn about sustainability from ecological, cultural or/and social aspects with a pedagogical viewpoint. The themes considered are related to teaching and learning in different subjects and educational contexts.
The program tackles global and current issues of sustainability and will be considered from the viewpoint of teaching and pedagogy constituting the core of Finnish educational expertise recognized worldwide. The program provides academic tools for developing students’ theoretical and empirical understanding of sustainability and recognizing it in teaching. In the course of their studies, students will learn how to apply their knowledge and skills in planning, implementing, and assessing different learning activities in primary and secondary school.
- Level of degree: Master's degree
- Program duration: 2 years / 120 ECTS credits
- Language of instruction: English
- Program start: September
- Tuition fee: EU/EEA nationals no tuition fee; non-EU/EEA nationals 8,000 €/academic year
- Tuition waivers available for everyone
- Study campus: Joensuu
Why study with us?
- In this program, you will learn about sustainability from ecological, cultural or/and social aspects with a pedagogical viewpoint.
- Finnish educational expertise is recognized worldwide. Added with a global focus, the result is a perfect combo for anyone interested to develop their expertise in promoting sustainability in primary and secondary schools.