MSc in Industrial Engineering and Management
University of Dundee
Dundee, United Kingdom
GBP 26,600 / per year **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* at 14:00 UK time
** for International | £12,000 for Scotland | £12,000 for England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland
Bridging the gap between advanced engineering and business with exciting industrial experience.
Industrial Engineering and Management is a multidisciplinary Master of Science degree. This combines the study of industrial engineering and management.
Industrial engineering is a discipline that focuses on the optimization of processes and systems. Management is the study of how organizations programyou programallows youprogram function and how to make them more effective.
There are many reasons why you should study Industrial Engineering and Management at the University of Dundee.
- We offer funding for all students towards personal development. This is to enable you to do things like:
- visit trade fairs
- take part in industrial talks
- free professional registration
- support personal projects
- help with travel needs for industrial placements
This enables you to have a working industrial network and a clear vision for your future career.
- This degree has one of the highest employability rates within the School of Science and Engineering. Over 70% of our students begin employment straight after placement
- You'll gain practical, relevant experience. This gives you an opportunity to make valuable contacts in the industry through a 12-week-long industrial engineering placement
- Our research and teaching collaborations include a partnership with CERN. The outcomes of our research form a unique research-led teaching progInmme.
On this course, this is what you’ll learn:
This degree combines specialized industry-focused engineering with fundamental business skills.
- Advanced Robotics
- Learn about multi-modal sensor integration and human-robot interactions
- Investigate modern and smart manufacturing technologies
- Study project management, leadership and decision-making
A range of teaching methods will be used to support your learning including:
- Student project workshops
- Laboratory workshops
- Student-led presentations
- An industrial placement
- Applied research
You will be assessed by:
- Written Examination
- A laboratory report
- A research project
These modules are an essential part of your course.
- Marketing as Creative Practice (BU51015)
- Moving Up to Business (BU51033)
- Strategic Management Accounting (BU52013)
- Leadership and Decision Making (BU52033)
- Project Management I (CE51027)
- Project Management II (CE52027)
- Advanced Robotics (ME51013)
- Advanced Manufacturing (ME52005)
- Engineering Project and Report (Industrial Placement) (ME53001)
Program Tuition Fee
Due to working closely with industry experts to produce graduates with the skills to meet industry standards and requirements, along with the multidisciplinary nature of the course, you can work in a wide range of positions including:
- Industrial Engineer
- Planning Engineer
- Commissioning Engineer
- Development Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Performance Engineer