Master in Digital Transformation Management
University of Bologna
Earliest start date
Online open day | ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE AREA | 29 November 2023 from 1 PM to 3 PM Italian Time (UTC+1)
The International Master's Degree Programme in Digital Transformation Management aims to train professionals able to manage, support, and speed up the process of business digital transformation.
Digital transformation involves technological, cultural, organizational, social, creative, and managerial changes associated with the use of digital technology in all aspects of human society.
Innovation together with the adoption of digital solutions requires professionals who are able to turn the digital transformation process into value for their organizations. Therefore, at the end of the program, you will be both familiar with the new technologies and their applications and will be able to manage the risks connected with their implementation.
The interdisciplinarity of the DTM course
Indeed, the Master’s degree program focuses both on IT as well as on managerial skills through an interdisciplinary approach:
- IT courses (e.g. those related to Data Science, IoT, and Artificial Intelligence…) provide knowledge and skills to develop technologies and systems to guide companies’ technological innovation.
- Managerial courses provide knowledge and skills to analyze and design business models, control business dynamics, manage and improve company performance and organization and develop entrepreneurial and analytical expertise.
The Department of Information Technologies, located in Cesena, will offer courses focused on IT while the Department of Management, located in Forlì, will offer courses focused on the managerial aspects.
Course Organization and Methodology
The learning process is organized in the following learning steps:
- Complete your basic knowledge on IT and management thanks to a guided choice of 30 ECTS elective credits during the first semester of the first year, according to each student’s academic background;
- Take the compulsory courses to acquire the core competencies in the IT and management fields;
- Choose your specialized innovative elective courses in your last semester.
- Complete a compulsory internship to draft your thesis before graduating.
Besides the traditional courses, the learning methodology is innovative, including hackathons and challenges to solve business cases and also group activities to develop cooperation skills.
The degree program is strictly connected with the business world thanks to the cooperation with companies that are partners of the program. Moreover, most of the courses provide laboratory activities in order to apply the theoretical/methodological competencies acquired during the learning process, which is then completed with a final internship related to your thesis.
5 reasons to enroll
- Develop a deep understanding of how major frontier technologies work, as well as their business, economic, and social impacts
- Get the right mix of business intelligence and digital skillsets to become a future leader and executive, being able to manage both people and machines
- Gain a competitive edge in digitalization or digital transformation environments
- Manage digital business processes and acquire the knowledge and skills needed to support digital transformation initiatives
- Develop new thinking and insights into how to lead and thrive in the digital era
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
University students may obtain financial support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna, and other external bodies. Check the requirements to apply for financial aid.