Master in Advanced Cosmetic Sciences University of Bologna
The Master's degree in Advanced Cosmetic Sciences (ACS) forms chemists that can operate in cosmetic companies in the design, production, analysis, and certification of cosmetic products.
This Second Cycle Degree Program trains professionals able to grasp the emerging challenges arising from the current international regulations and aimed at the production of more effective and intrinsically safer cosmetics with reference to their entire life cycle.
ACS has an interdisciplinary spirit, aimed at providing theoretical and practical training on the scientific and technological aspects of cosmetic products. The program is characterized by theoretical-practical courses related to the study of natural substances and of bioactive molecules used in cosmetics, to the chemistry and to the formulation of cosmetics, to the ingredients and formulation analysis. The anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the skin will also be studied, together with the microbiological, functional, and toxicological control of cosmetic products.
5 reasons to enroll in the degree program
- The cosmetic Industry is an economically important and growing field of activity: ACS degree opens the door to this
- The cosmetic industry requires candidates with dedicated multidisciplinary education based on chemistry but not limited to it
- Cosmetic science is wide world developed: you can be included in this highly innovative international environment
- ACS combines advanced scientific research topics and “real-life” Chemistry
- Nanoscience and nanotechnology, part of this degree program, are very important for cosmetic science
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
University students may obtain financial support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna, and other external bodies. Check the requirements to apply for financial aid.