Task and Function Universitas Airlangga
In organizing higher education, UNAIR’s principles are:
- A non-profit organization with the capability to manage funds independently to develop UNAIR;
- Independence and good governance;
- Democratic, just, and non-discriminatory by upholding human rights, religious values, cultural values, pluralism, unity, and national unity;
- Development of academic culture and scientific autonomy for the academic community;
- Lifelong culturization and empowerment of the nation;
- Exemplary, willingness, and development of student creativity in learning;
- Student-centered learning by paying attention to the environment in harmony and balance;
- Freedom in choosing programs based on student's interests, talents, and abilities;
- Concern for the economically disadvantaged community;
- Empowerment of all components of society through participation in the implementation and quality control of UNAIR services;
- Lifelong education with a continuous learning paradigm;
- One systemic unit with an open system and multiple meanings.
- To develop capabilities and shape the character and dignified civilization of the nation in order to develop the nation’s intellectual life;
- To develop an innovative, responsive, creative, skilled, competitive, and cooperative academic community through the implementation of Tridharma;
- To develop science and technology by taking into account and applying humanities values;
- To organize higher education and improve the quality of life and the environment.
Vision and Mission
To become an independent, innovative, and leading university at the national and international level as well as the pioneer of the development in science, technology, and humanities-based on religious morality.
- Organizing and developing academic education, professional education, and/or vocational education with world-class excellence based on nationalism and religious moral values.
- Carrying out basic research, applied research, and innovative policy research with world-class excellence based on nationalism and religious moral values to support the development of education and to conduct community service.
- Devoting its expertise in the field of science, technology, and humanities to society.
- Managing the university independently with good governance through institutional development oriented towards quality and ability to compete at international competence.
Statutes of Universitas Airlangga (UNAIR) establish ground rules of UNAIR management used to formulate regulations and operational procedures in UNAIR.
Indonesian Government Regulation Number 30 of 2014 regarding the statutes of Universitas Airlangga, was issued in Jakarta, on May 14, 2014, by the President of Indonesia.