Master in Clinical and Health Psychology
EUR 4,508 / per year
Earliest start date
The Master in Clinical and Health Psychology lasts two years (120 ECTS) and is based on the pillar of a holistic training centered on competences, developing not only knowledge, but also skills and attitudes. These competencies can be hard-skills, such as: (i) Cognition, Emotion & Behavior, (ii) Diagnosis and Evaluation, and (iii) Intervention Models; and also soft-skills, such as: (iv) Problem Solving, (v) Professional Immersion, (vi) Investigation and (vii) Communication.
Students are the real protagonists of the teaching-learning process through the application of innovation that focuses on the simulation of real cases using actors, with different levels of complexity and using different methodologies, such as simulation-based learning and problem- based learning.
The close relationship with partner reference entities and other health professionals allows to experience multidisciplinary team work and consolidate interprofessional education.
This cycle of studies promotes immersion in a real context (academic internships) and decision-making based on evidence (dissertation), which are fundamental for the promotion of questioning, creativity, critical thinking and ethical awareness, central to the vision of the global professional of the future.
- Holders of a degree in Psychology or legal equivalent.
- Holders of a foreign higher education degree (recognized as a graduate degree).
- Application subject to a ranking process, according to the criteria: final average of the course, analysis and punctuation of the academic and professional curriculum, motivation interview (scores established and updated under the proposal of the Rector and ratified by the Scientific Council).
Facilities and Equipment
Support facilities for practical classes and pedagogical-professional simulation, which include:
- 4 Laboratories: Neuroscience, Neuropsychophysiology, Developmental and Psychopathological Assessment, Biopsychosocial, Educational and Organizational Intervention.
- 1 observation room with double mirrors and sound system for simulations and role-play.
- 2 Psychological Assistance / Consultation Rooms (Pediatrics, Youth, Adulthood and Aging).
- Test library with various psychological assessment instruments and intervention programs.
Protocols established with recognized entities in the field of Psychology, with emphasis on the following partnerships:
- HELPO Association - ONGD
- APAV - Victim Support Association
- ATT - Association for the Treatment of Drug Addiction
- School of Transpersonal Therapies
- GIRA - Active Intervention and Rehabilitation Group
- ILGA Portugal
- APPT21 Portuguese Association of People with Trisomy 21
- The Century Foundation
- Prof. Institute Teresa White
- Hospitable Sisters
- League of Combatants
- Psychological Intervention: Models and Practices
- Psychopathology in childhood and adolescence
- Psychopathology in Adulthood and Aging
- Clinical and Health Psychology
- Psychology Service Management (optional)
- Biochemical Basis of Behavior (optional)
- Applied Neurocognition (optional)
- Conceptualization and Cognitive-Behavioral Intervention (optional)
- Crisis and Post Traumatic Stress Intervention (optional)
- Psychological Assessment in Childhood and Adolescence
- Psychological Assessment in Adulthood and Aging
- Case Studies in Clinical and Health Psychology
- Simulated Intervention Laboratory in Clinical and Health Psychology
- Research Seminar in Clinical and Health Psychology
- Research Methods
- Research Methods
A Master's degree in Clinical and Health Psychology normally requires the completion of 120 ECTS credits.
Discover the professional opportunities that this course offers you.
- Master in Clinical Psychology, which allows enrollment in the Order of Portuguese Psychologists (OPP), mandatory for the exercise of the profession of Psychologist (after completion of a professional internship supervised by the OPP, in accordance with the provisions of Decree-Law No. 57/2008).
- Researcher, allowing access to the PhD.