University of Szeged
Earliest start date
About the Program
The programme provides our students with a rigorous and challenging curriculum to help them succeed in their post-academic and professional endeavors. The first year of the 4-semester-long programme consists of lectures, seminars and practical training in advanced genetics, molecular biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics, immunology, cell biology, microbiology and plant biology. Both the basic and the applied/ industrial science aspects of these disciplines will be studied extensively. In the second year, students will have several laboratory courses in different aspects of molecular biology, cell biology, biotechnology, microbiology and plant biology. Graduates of the Faculty usually choose their careers in research laboratories, educational institutions, hospitals, clinics, environmental agencies, and pharmaceutical, food, agricultural and chemical industries. Successful graduates can also continue their studies and research by applying for our international Biology Ph.D. programme at the University of Szeged.
- Specialisation options: the programme offers many more specialized lectures that are tailored to the students’ individual interests.
- Social integration of our students is important to us. Our academic and support staff, therefore, offer an all-around advisory service providing both academic and extracurricular activities. A coordination office helps the students during their entire stay in Szeged.
- Level of the programme: Master
- Duration of the programme: 4 semesters
- Registered in: EU
- Credits: 120
Who should apply?
The programme is open to qualified students who hold a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) from an accredited university in biology, chemistry, medicine, pharmacy, agriculture, or related fields.
Application requirements: fully completed and signed application form, BSc degree*from an accredited university or higher education institution, a demonstrated proficiency in English (TELC/ECL B2, TOEFL IBT – 72, PBT – 550, Cambridge FC B, IELTS – 5.5), copy of passport, 2 recommendation letters from recognised academic persons, recent medical certificate of satisfactory general health status, a CV, a motivational letter, an individual interview (online) and the payment of the non-refundable application fee.
Exemption from English language exam certificate: During the application to the programmes of the Faculty of Science and Informatics those applicants are not required to provide the English language exam certificates who are natives of one of the following countries and can officially demonstrate that their academic studies have been conducted in English. For the list of countries click here.
- Start of the programme: September of each year
- Scholarship: There are numerous scholarships available to cover the tuition fee (e.g. Stipendium Hungaricum, for details see the website of Tempus Public Foundation).
- Tuition fee: 4500 USD per semester
- Other fees: 150 USD application fee and 150 USD entrance exam fee
*Academic Records: an official English version OR translation of your full bachelor's transcript including an explanation of the grading system, and an official English version OR translation of your bachelor's diploma.