Master degree in Agrifood Sustainability University of Pavia
The Master’s Degree Course in Agri-food sustainability provides solid preparation in agricultural sciences and technologies, through a multidisciplinary vision, aimed at achieving high production, attentive to the health of the environment, agricultural producers, and consumers, focusing on sustainability (one health).
The course includes experimental and demonstrative activities held in the agricultural lands owned by the University and through various projects of the Lombardy Region with partner agricultural companies, both conventional and organic.
The graduate will therefore be able to plan and manage agricultural production (in particular the quality of supply chains), acquiring a broad agro-ecological knowledge that includes the food market, developing and managing innovation of companies and agricultural supply chains; as well as taking into account post-production and the agri-food products’ impact on human health.
Graduates of this master’s degree course can be hired in:
- Farms of various levels and dimensions, including in the organic sector;
- Storage and processing companies,
- Agro-food marketing companies;
- Professional consultancy for small and medium-sized enterprises;
- Social agriculture and non-profit (NGO) organizations;
- Associations and institutional bodies represent the social and productive partners or international organizations (UN, FAO, etc.).
The degree program will allow graduates to:
- manage agricultural companies.
- carry out environmental monitoring and analysis of agro-ecosystems.
- exploit and promote local biodiversity in a sustainable way.
- use soil conservation and protection tools and techniques.
- optimize traditional techniques.
- be able to evaluate, improve and certify process and product quality also through the use of innovative methodologies.
Want to know more about this course? Watch our webinar!
- Curriculum 1: Agroecology and Sustainable Farming (ASF)
- Curriculum 2: Food Quality and Nutrition (FNQ)
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
EDiSU Pavia scholarship: Edisu scholarship is open to all level applicants which include accommodation in a Residence; one meal per day at the canteens; a sum of money, according to the student’s economic situation.