Master's Degree in Hispanic-African Relations
Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Full time, Part time
15 Sep 2023
Earliest start date
What does the master consist of?
The creation of the Master's Degree in Hispanic-African Relations responds to the need for specialized academic training in the field of social, cultural and economic relations with Africa. The geographical position of the Canary Islands, the existence of strategic plans and the excellent relations of the ULPGC with African universities favor the success of this postgraduate training. It allows its graduates:
- Have extensive practical theoretical knowledge about the African reality and know how to apply it to the different areas of specialization.
- Know and analyze the processes of integration and gender equality from a context of intercultural diversity.
- Interpret African cultural movements, through their artistic manifestations.
- Interpret the cultural dimension that manifests itself in religion, beliefs, customs and other experiences.
- Ability to prepare reports on African affairs.
- Analyze and interpret the diversity of geographical parameters that characterize the African regions and their projection in the formation and evolution of their societies.
- Know and evaluate regional business and business initiatives for the territorial, social and economic development of Africa.
- Prepare, present and publicly display creative and innovative work on Hispanic-African relations.
- Know and value the actions of internationalization and development cooperation in the different African regions.
Who teaches it?
PhD faculty at the ULPGC in the departments of Historical Sciences, Geography, Applied Economic Analysis, Quantitative Methods in Economics and Management, Modern Philology, Art City and Territory, Psychology, Sociology and Social Work. These faculty are specialists in African issues and have the collaboration of prominent figures in African studies, both African and foreign.
How do I prepare it?
Due to the virtual e-learning nature, any student will be able to follow the classes from the ULPGC classroom, or from any home or work. You can follow the classes through various telematic systems (BBB, Open- ULPGC , Zoom). Students can choose between the face-to-face enrollment modality, with a minimum of 80% attendance, up to the blended modality, with a minimum of 50% attendance, in exchange for carrying out a compensatory number of jobs and activities.
Why in the ULPGC ?
We offer you, at public prices, externally accredited and evaluated quality training, together with a wide range of services (sports, culture, languages, accommodation, library, computer rooms, summer universities, Wi-Fi connection on all campuses) that They will facilitate your stay and help complement your university education. In addition, the ULPGC has been recognized as one of the 10 best universities in Spain for employability (Everis Foundation, 2018).