Master of Science in Marine Geosciences
University of Haifa, International School
USD 10,600 / per year *
Earliest start date
15 Oct 2023
* + service fees
Recent significant off-shore deep-sea gas findings in Israel have prompted a period of unprecedented development and pose world-renowned scientific, technical, and environmental challenges. These significant developments provide students with a wide range of career opportunities in disciplines such as exploration geophysics and environmental geology.
Using the Eastern Mediterranean as a natural marine laboratory, the International M.Sc. Program in Marine Geosciences provides students with a unique opportunity to develop practical scientific experience at sea, together with a rigorous academic curriculum.
Studies conducted in the DMG utilize state-of-the-art methods of data acquisition, processing and analysis to decipher trends and phenomena that occur in the marine geosphere. Over the last decade, marine geosciences are in the focus of global interest as a result of growing concerns, such as changes in sea level and climate, the search for conventional and new energy sources, and the emergence of unprecedented developments that offer new avenues of research. Research topics in this field are numerous, encompassing disciplines that interact in a way that demands a holistic research approach.
The two-year program is taught in English over two academic years beginning in October. This is a thesis-track only program. Upon completion of the program, students will be awarded a Master of Science in Marine Geosciences.
- Provide students with practical knowledge and experience in geological and geophysical survey planning and data collection at sea and onshore, using state-of-the-art equipment.
- Offer the unique opportunity of processing and interpreting seismic data using the most advanced industrial geophysical software.
- Expose students to the best quantitative tools and knowledge needed to succeed in the current highly competitive global geosciences arena.
- Offer a challenging academic program that combines classroom study with hands-on scientific exploration at sea and onshore, and laboratory research in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Assist students in developing unique expertise in a specialization within the field of geosciences, while expanding their understanding of interacting earth systems.
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills and original thinking since we view our students as our future professional colleagues.