MSc International Sport & Event Management
University of Europe for Applied Sciences
2 - 4 semesters
EUR 820 / per month *
Earliest start date
* EU applicants: from 820 € monthly; Non-EU applicants: from 10,938 € yearly
The master degree program for a top career in sports and event management
Sporting and major events can be quite emotionally affecting. The sports & events sector is booming. Business is international nowadays, and the sports & events industry is no exception. The master’s program in International Sport & Event Management prepares you for these demands with a globally oriented, interdisciplinary education.
At the University of Applied Sciences Europe, we educate our students from day one to become managers in the areas of Sports, Event, and Marketing Management. You can look forward to special highlights, such as seminars and projects with partners from business, sports, and academia. In addition, this master's program can easily be combined with a second job, as our lectures take place between Wednesday afternoon and Saturday evening.
Our university focuses on your development. That's why we teach in small learning groups and in a friendly and personal atmosphere. You will be taught by renowned lecturers with backgrounds in sports and event management. You will study at a campus that is centrally located, equipped with the latest technology, and known for its international and English-speaking character.
At the University of Applied Sciences Europe, you even get the possibility to actively shape your studies and your career path. Depending on your personal career goals, you will select your own specializations and choose from a range of interdisciplinary subjects. A special executive training and certificate qualify you optimally for future leadership tasks. The programs taught at our university also include practical projects with top business partners and optional field trips (for example to Silicon Valley) which will prepare you perfectly for the job market of tomorrow.
In addition, you can combine two Master's programs at the University of Applied Sciences Europe: with no or only one additional semester, you can complete International Sport & Event Management as part of a master's double degree.
Admission requirements for different lengths of master's degrees:
- Fast Track 2 semesters: Bachelor 240 ECTS + 60 ECTS Master
- Thesis Focus 3 semesters: Bachelor 210 ECTS + 90 ECTS Master
- Industry Placed 4 semesters: Bachelor 180 ECTS + 120 ECTS Master
Application requirements (1,1.5 or 2 years):
- Application form
- High School Diploma / Certificate
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s, MBA, or Master)
- Language Proficiency* (or request to waive**)
- Copy of Passport
- Letter of motivation
- Non-EU applicants only: €3,000 deposit (This reservation fee will be deducted from the total amount of study fees)
Please note: German-taught programs need both English/German language certificates.
- IELTS 5.5 overall
- TOEFL iBT72
- TOEFL ITP (paper based) 543
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 59
- Pearson Test of English (General) Level 1
- Cambridge English Advanced and Proficiency 160 overall
- Cambridge Exam First (FCE)
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- PASSWORD 5.5 (no less than 5.0 in each component)
- EF SET (50-minute Test) 51 (only for students applying with an MOI (Medium of Instruction) letter)
- Duolingo 90
To request a language test waiver, you must have studied in a country where the official first language is English:
- At least nine months in duration;
- Undertaken at a recognized institution where teaching and assessment throughout the course are entirely in English;
- Has been completed within 2 years of the start date of the course to which you are applying;
- Medium of Instruction (MOI) should indicate English + EF SET or any accepted English proficiency certificate requested.
- Master of Arts.
- Complementary double degree at University of Applied Sciences Europe
- Campus: Berlin
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of semesters:
- 2 Semesters (equals one year)
- OR 3 Semesters (1.5 years)
- OR 4 Semesters (2 years)
- Semester start dates:
- Winter semester: September
- Summer semester: March
- Lecture time: Wednesday afternoon until Saturday evening
- Credit Points: 120 ECTS
- Focus on individual development and a flexible schedule (2.5 days/week). Practical projects, leadership training, and optional double Master’s degree. Teaching by renowned lecturers.
What makes it outstanding to study at the University of Applied Sciences Europe
The University of Applied Sciences Europe is state-accredited, has been awarded on multiple occasions, and is worldwide leading in the international approach.
At our university, you study in small groups. This guarantees your individual support and personal contact with the professors. Our lecturers are experts in their field.
You will notice our practical approach from the first semester. A variety of courses allows you to determine the content of your studies yourself. University of Applied Sciences Europe offers modern equipment like beamers in all rooms, mac pools, and more.
Working during your study time
We want your studies to fit perfectly into your life. That's why the lectures for the Master’s degree students only take place on Wednesday afternoon until Friday and sometimes Saturday evening. That is, why it is possible for you to work part-time and study full-time more easily.
However, preparation and follow-up work needs to be taken into account, since this is a full-time study course by the curriculum.
Studying at the University of Applied Sciences Europe in Germany
We put emphasis on internationality. That's why we were ranked as "one of the best 25 performers in Business Studies among private universities in Europe" (U-Multirank 2020). Our many international students come from all over the world to pursue a highly valued (state and FIBAA recognized) German degree that is entirely taught in English.
Germany, known as the country of innovators, is the perfect place to get your degree. Germany is the largest economic power and the center of high tech and automotive technologies in Europe. Additionally, Germany is a particularly safe and livable country with relatively low tuition fees and affordable living costs. Furthermore, Berlin is known as Europe's startup capital, a magnet for creatives, and "place to be" for young people and entrepreneurs.
That's why we encourage international students to come here and study with us. You can apply with your national school degree now. We will then take a look at your application and guide you through the process.
Your career options with a degree in Sport & Event Management
From football to fashion, concerts to trade fairs – live events shape the world and are of huge economic importance. The master’s degree program, with its international focus, ideally prepares you for managerial roles in the booming sports and events branches. As a sport and event manager, you conceive, organize, and evaluate emotional worlds of experience that excite and touch people – and which are also an economic success.
- Sports management, sporting goods industry
- Sporting rights marketer, player’s agent, tournament organizer
- Sports media
- Ticket market, hospitality industry
- Sports conventions and trade fairs
- Fitness studios, soccer academies
- Sports tourism provider
- Municipal sports management
The Master of Arts (M.A.) enables you to go on to complete your Ph.D. studies leading to a doctorate, possibly as a requirement for a teaching or research position at universities and other institutions.
The program - courses, projects, semester abroad
The main skills required for sport, event, and marketing management are the ability to communicate, to think in an interdisciplinary way, and to lead a team. In addition, International Sport Management is geared toward leadership roles in sport, while International Event Management focuses on planning and organizational roles. International Marketing Management complements these two subject areas.
To reinforce the vocational focus, the program was developed in conjunction with experts from Ernst & Young (SCORE – Sports Consulting), with the involvement of communication agencies. You are thus equipped with in-depth knowledge and practical experience to embark on your career.
In order to prepare you further for the tasks of managing companies operating globally, an International Experience is integrated into your studies. To complete the International Experience successfully one can choose between different elements on a modular principle, which could be in the form of a Summer / Winter School, a semester abroad, an internship, or a student employee scheme. You will find out more information during our information events.
Tuition fees and funding
As a private university, the University of Applied Sciences Europe is funded not by the state, but by tuition fees. For this reason, studying at the University of Applied Sciences Europe costs more than at a public university. But it’s worth it: Our graduates meet the essential requirements of business, and this sets them apart from the graduates of many public universities. Your employment and earnings prospects are greatly improved.
All costs are included in the monthly tuition fee. This also includes the costs of the Leadership Assessment Center. No additional costs will be incurred, such as a matriculation fee, exam fees, master thesis fee, or similar, as long as the course is completed within the standard study period.
We are happy to provide you with information on funding your studies and on any available scholarships. If you have any further questions, our Student Guidance Office can provide you with detailed information.
You can apply a year in advance for your desired starting semester.
Students must meet the following requirements to qualify for the master’s degree program:
- Online application
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree, a German Diplom or Magister
- A final grade of “Good” (GPA: 2.5), otherwise a letter of recommendation from the previous university
- Focus on business within your previous studies (alternatively, you may attend preliminary courses)
- Good English language skills (at least level B2)
- Interview in English
The Master of Arts (M.A.) degree enables you to go on to complete your Ph.D. studies leading to a doctorate. However, the individual institutions of higher education determine the entrance requirements and the terms of admission.