Master in Business Economics (M.Sc.) University of Antwerp
Improve your understanding and expertise in business economics with this Master’s programme. We offer a methodologically rigorous and effective approach to analyse business economics issues, while also encouraging ethical reflection on the position of the manager in society, changes in the corporate world and the imperative of sustainability in today’s globalised economy.
The Master in Business Economics has been included in the Financial Times’ Top 100 Masters in Management and in the top 95 European Business Schools. The programme came out on top in terms of ‘value for money’.
The Faculty of Business and Economics has multiple accreditations and provides high quality, student-centred teaching with an emphasis on project-based activities and autonomous problem-solving. The faculty is based in downtown Antwerp, a city located in the heart of Europe with a rich cultural heritage.
The Master’s programme in Business Economics carries a workload of 60 ECTS credits. The one-year study programme is full-time and runs from the end of September to July. Examinations take place in January and June.
All students enrolled on this Master's programme take four compulsory courses that improve their ability to recognise and resolve business administration issues in a methodologically sound and effective manner.
- Ethical and Sustainable Business
- International Consulting Project
- Research Methods in Business Economics
- Strategic Management
Selecting a major and a minor allows you to specialise and tailor the programme to your personal interests. You can choose from the following topics:
- Data Science
- European and International Management
- Strategy and Organisation
The Master dissertation is the crowning piece of an academic Master curriculum. Your Master dissertation demonstrates your in-depth knowledge of the foundations, structures and methodologies underpinning the Business Economics programme.
Our AACSB and EFMD-programme accreditations illlustrate high-quality teaching and research and offer international opportunities across all continents.
The Financial Times ranked the UAntwerp in the European Business School Ranking 2021. The Business Economics programme is ranked 88th in the Master in Management ranking 2022 and obtained seventh place in terms of 'value for money'.
The University of Antwerp scores extremely well in Young University Rankings, obtaining the 5th place in the Times Higher Education Millennials 2020, the 7th in the Times Higher Education 250 under 50 2022 and the 20th place in QS 50 under 50 2021. On a global scale, the university ranks 131th in the Times Higher Education 2023 and 280th in QS World Ranking 2023.
1. The master will be able to distinguish and define the concepts of specific domains of business administration at an advanced level, and he/she will be able to describe the current scientific discussion and the newest developments within these domains.
2. The master will be able to update and supplement his/her knowledge of specific business economic domains through the critical analysis of various national and international sources.
3. The master will be able to use his/her analytical insights and methodological training to conduct scientific research properly, whether independently or in a group.
4. The master will be able to critically evaluate the results of his/her own or other scientific research, using them as a foundation for proposing appropriate solutions to complex problems.
5. The master will be able to communicate and report effectively and persuasively at an academic level to professional audiences.
6. The master will be able to operate efficiently and effectively in multicultural and/or international team assignments.
7. The master can identify the aspects of ethics and sustainability in business operations within a globalising world, integrating them into a global conceptual framework.
8. The master will be able to chart the interaction between global societal change and the functioning of organisations, and he/she will be able to assess their impact on business decisions.
Scholarships and Funding
Please read more on our website:
Business Economics alumni occupy management positions in both the private and public sectors. Ample job opportunities are available in the consultancy, audit and assurance, banking and insurance sectors, as well as in industrial and commercial corporations. Another career option is economic and management research.