Master of Science in Digital Transformation & Business Innovation
TBS Education in Barcelona
EUR 18,000 *
Earliest start date
* 3-year bachelor’s degree holders: 21,600€ | 4-year bachelor’s degree holders: 18,000€
Become A Leader In The Digital Revolution
The Bridge To Your Dream Career
The MSc Digital Transformation & Business Innovation is targeted at young professionals looking to launch their careers in the emerging digital transformation and innovation sector. This MSc program emphasizes the importance of using digital technologies to create new — or modify existing — business processes and new value propositions. This MSc bases its structure on the conjunction of innovation, change management and operations, IT and data-driven strategy, IT projects, and business and customer analytics.
Based in the heart of Barcelona, a relevant international digital hub, this TBS course will equip you with professional expertise with a deep understanding of the sector. You will learn how to guide companies to adapt to new technological shifts and reshape business processes to create value for customers. At the interface of IT, business, sales, and marketing, you will be equipped with strategic and data analytics skills to initiate, lead and manage digital transformation and help CEOs to make data-driven strategic decisions.
With a deeply practical focus, the program will allow you to work on specific real-life problems using real datasets and top-of-the-art methodologies and tools.
Besides close collaboration with industry leaders and experts, this Master’s in digital transformation & business innovation program will also allow you to undertake an optional 4-to-6-month internship in a top national or international company.
Everything you need to launch your career in digital transformation!
Why Choose This Msc Digital Transformation Program
When choosing a master's in Digital Transformation and Business innovation, several factors must be taken into account. Below you will find some of the most important reasons to consider this MSc degree at TBS Education.
- Join one of the leading business schools in Europe
- Did you know that TBS Education belongs to the prestigious 1% of business schools that hold the “triple crown” of international accreditations: AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS?
- TBS Education is also well-located in the most prestigious rankings:
- 1st place in the FT120 ranking of business schools and Internet of Things (2021).
- 58th place in the Financial Times ranking of European Business Schools (2021).
- Benefit from a high-quality network of partners
- Besides the excellent and experienced faculty that defines all TBS Education programs, the MSc Digital Transformation & Business Innovation bases the student’s training on a close relationship with industry leaders, experts, and leading startups.
- This way of acquiring new experience in digital project management joins the hands-on methodology of TBS programs, allowing you to have a relevant approach to the real digital environment.
- Benefit from our experienced faculty
- Our MSc program is taught by a highly experienced faculty, composed of world-class academics and industry professionals with whom you will gain a real approach to the Digital Transformation world.
- Moreover, you will deal with different hands-on activities such as:
- Class discussion based on case studies
- Consulting projects with real companies
- Company visits
- Practical workshops & talks with practitioners
- Optional 4-to-6-month internship
- Study in Barcelona, a digital hub
- Studying at our campus in the warm and exciting Barcelona is a unique experience. Our campus, located in the 22@, the district of entrepreneurship, education, and knowledge of the city, is surrounded by many global companies that have chosen the Catalan capital as their home.
- Barcelona also hosts more than 100k IT-related jobs and is a proud member of the Top Ten “Best cities for digital talent“.
- A highly-requested job position
- The emergence of the specialist in digital transformation in the job market, equipped with innovation skills and trained in process change management, has had a great impact and has resulted in a strong demand for this professional figure.
- So much so the International Labour Organization 2021 ranking placed this job position in 5th place in Spain. According to Salesforce, there will be 9.3 million new jobs related to digital transformation by 2026.
- Obtain a Soft Skills Certificate
- The Soft Skills Certificate, which is included in the program content, will allow you to acquire the main soft skills currently required by the job market. Our faculty, in collaboration with the TBS Career Services department, will provide you with personalized coaching tools to develop your career in digital transformation and business innovation.
The Master of Science in Digital Transformation & Business Innovation follows the new business paradigm, establishing digital strategies and data analytics right in the middle.
The course takes place over 3 terms. Thus, during the 1st term and 2nd term, you will learn concepts such as digital technologies, digital strategies, IT, and Data Governance along with the most advanced digital analysis techniques in the field (Business intelligence & Data visualization), within the Professional Expertise framework.
Moreover, you will work on a Company Consulting Project to put into practice what you have learned in class with a real-life company.
In the final 3rd term, you will be requested to prepare a Master’s Dissertation. Also, you will have the opportunity to undertake a 4-to-6-month internship in a top national or international company.
Embedded in the program course, you will benefit from the Soft Skills Certificate and our Optional Language Course.
This academic block of the MSc Digital Transformation & Business Innovation program is divided into 8 academic units, created to provide you with sound fundamentals in those high-demand industries.
- Digital Technologies & Innovation
- Digital Business Strategy
- Data Governance
- Customer Behavior in the Digital Age
- Digital Transformation Management
- Data Analytics & Framework
- International & Emerging Trends
- Research Methods & Dynamics
Company Consulting Mission (Sesame)
You will become a consultant during a two-week, real-life, transversal, consultancy assignment!
A TBS partner company will submit a topical strategic issue to the class in a letter of engagement.
With support from TBS professors, students will work on a strategic diagnosis to analyze the company’s competitive position. Finally, they will propose strategic and operational recommendations to meet the challenges faced by the company.
This hands-on project will allow you to put into practice the skills and knowledge you have obtained during your MSc program.
Below are some examples of TBS partner companies that have collaborated with students in previous years:
- Aerospace Valley
- Cap Gemini
- Comtesse du Barry
- Continental Automotive
- Mars Petfoods
- Rockwell & Collins
Soft Skills Certificate
During this module of the MSc Digital Transformation & Business Innovation program, you will develop your management and leadership abilities in terms of people and behavioral skills that will help you effectively manage your career in the digital and innovation fields. This certificate related to the digital and innovation master was designed by 26 professors together with leadership and management professionals, in collaboration with TBS Career Service.
- Management & Leadership Skills
- Career Agility
You will be asked to write an individual dissertation on a current marketing issue in the digital and/or innovation fields from an academic or professional perspective. You will be making a contribution to the study, analysis, formalization, and abstraction of the identified issue. The write-up should reflect the following:
- Motivation: Justifying the choice of the research problem or issue
- Resourcefulness: Ability to start and conceptualize a piece of research
- Creativity & common sense: Demonstration of a structured and logical methodology
- Cross-functionality: Demonstration of a multidimensional approach to problem-solving
- Submitting a suitable master’s thesis is a compulsory requirement for graduation.
Optional Language Course
Make the most of your time in Barcelona by learning Spanish. We offer you the opportunity to take a 40-hour, online language course for beginners, included in the master’s tuition fee.
If you are planning to undertake your internship in Spain, speaking Spanish would be a highly valuable asset as most of the companies would expect you to be fluent in this language. That is why we encourage you to benefit from this opportunity.
The course’s timetable is embedded in your MSc Digital Transformation and Business Innovation so that you can combine it with the program’s classes and activities. However, it does not provide you with ECTS credits.
*Please, consider that we require a minimum of 8 students registered to offer each language course.
You will have the chance to work as an intern at a national or international company over a 4-to-6-month period. This internship is not a mandatory condition for graduation in any of our MSc programs: MSc Fashion & Luxury Marketing, MSc Sustainable Financial Management with Daya Analytics, MSc Marketing Management, MSc Tourism & Hospitality Management, MSc International Business, and MSc Digital Transformation and Business Innovation.
However, TBS encourages you to undertake an internship to supplement your training with professional experience in the digital and innovation fields, as it would help towards better professional integration.
How do I find an internship?
TBS Career Service will help you develop your skills and provide you with the professional tools you need to find the best internship to fit your career goals. You will also be provided with personalized coaching to get the most out of your internship experience.
Take into account that finding an internship can be a complex exercise that requires perseverance, autonomy, and initiative. This individual project will allow you to boost your employability and becomes an essential part of the MSc Digital Transformation & Business Innovation program.
Once you have completed your studies, you will obtain the MSc Digital Transformation & Business Innovation in-house degree*, awarded by TBS Education. The corresponding diploma will be awarded in October of the graduation year.
*In-house degrees are endorsed by the prestige of the university that grants them.
Program Tuition Fee
Upon the successful completion of the MSc Digital Transformation & Business Innovation, you will be able to pursue a career in professional positions related to the world of digital technologies and innovation.
What kind of jobs can you get with a Digital Transformation & Business Innovation degree?
- Digital Transformation Manager
- Digital Transformation Consultant
- Project Analyst
- IT Project Manager
- IT Consultant
- IT Strategist
- IT Strategy Consulting
- Data Transformation Officer