MSc in Financial Technology (FinTech) Swansea University
Are you looking for a career in a rapidly expanding sector? Keen to work in an innovative global industry where your skills are in demand?
Disruptive technologies are affecting all areas of financial services and to ensure you are equipped with the skills to progress in this area, the MSc Financial Technology (FinTech) programme has been developed, aimed at non-computer science specialist graduates who have a first degree in business, finance, mathematics or economics and want to gain greater awareness and skills in the Fintech area.
This programme will examine applications of financial technology in banking, insurance, asset management and many other finance sectors. You will gain cutting-edge knowledge on finance applications of blockchain technology, digital currencies, Big Data and artificial intelligence.
You will also acquire an in-depth understanding of the financial technology environment, develop skills in programming, machine learning and network security as well as knowledge of financial markets institutions and systems.
Why financial technology (FinTech) at Swansea?
- The programme may be completed in a single year
- Open to non-computer science undergraduates- students will typically have a background in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Computer Science. We are also willing to consider those with other backgrounds and work experience in the sector
- All modules are taught by our world-class academics who have industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the new Bay campus
Your financial technology (FinTech) experience
The MSc Financial Technology (FinTech) can give you a real competitive advantage and will broaden your horizons when it comes to seeking employment.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management we will work with you to help build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects.
Teaching at Swansea is partly informed by research, and our staff have hands-on experience of both theory and practice, meaning you can benefit from their academic expertise and real-world know-how.
All our students benefit from co-location with industry at the innovative Bay Campus, working alongside companies in facilities that boast dedicated teaching space and study areas, and extensive IT facilities equipped with the latest hardware and specialist software.
As well as subject-specific support by college teaching staff and your personal academic mentor, the Centre for Academic Success provides courses, workshops and one-to-one support in areas such as:
- Academic writing
- Maths and statistics
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- Digital skills
- Presentation skills
- Revision, memory and exam techniques
- English language skills (if English is not your first language).
In addition, if you have a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD), disability, mental health or medical condition, the Centre for Academic Success have Specialist Tutors to support your learning, working alongside the Disability Office and Wellbeing Service to support all your needs and requirements whilst studying at Swansea University.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.