MSc in Marketing
University of Strathclyde Business School
Glasgow, United Kingdom
GBP 15,400 **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* although there are no formal closing date for postgraduate applications we advise you to contact the Department/School you are applying to directly to see if your course has an application deadline
** Scotland, England, Wales & Northern Ireland | £25,100 International
Study with us
Studying an MSc Marketing at Strathclyde Business School, you'll learn at a pioneering internationally-renowned academic organisation that develops the business minds of tomorrow.
An award-winning institution, we were awarded Times Higher Education UK Business School of the Year 2016 and also recognized as Scottish University of the Year 2020 by The Sunday Times Good University Guide.
- Suitable for non-business graduates who want to pursue a career in this area
- Develop an understanding of marketing in relation to individuals and organizations
- Undertake an industry marketing project
- Reflects the dynamic and technologically innovative nature of contemporary marketing, spanning the private, public, and third sectors
Why this course?
With our Masters of Marketing program, you’ll gain a sound knowledge of the principles of marketing and develop an understanding of consumer behavior in relation to individuals and organizations. We’ll ensure that you gain the necessary technical and personal skills for your future career.
Key features of the course include:
- real-life learning through our live industry consultancy project, International Marketing Works
- high-caliber industry collaboration
- research excellence
- skills-based teaching
Our marketing postgraduate students are truly international with representations from all parts of the globe which further enhances your learning experience.
What you'll study
You’ll study seven compulsory classes and choose four optional classes from a wide list, which reflects the current diversity in contemporary marketing practice.
The taught component will be covered in Semesters 1 & 2. Both semesters run for 12 weeks. At the MSc level, the dissertation is undertaken during the summer term.
Leadership & team building
Throughout the program, you'll have opportunities for group work with your fellow students. This allows you to network with your colleagues and develop key management, team building, and leadership skills.
Employability & career development
The course has a dedicated careers specialist for group sessions, employability seminars, individual interviews, and CV compilation and continues to support graduates for a year after graduation.
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- International Marketing Research
- Brand Management & Strategy
- Marketing Works: Group Consultancy Project
- Dissertation Skills
Choose four. The list varies from year to year. The below list of electives is for students starting in September. The choice is likely to be more limited for students starting in January.
- Destination Marketing Management
- Managing Tourism Resources
- International Services Marketing
- Contemporary Consumers
- Customer Management 2 – Digital Marketing
- Export Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- International Culture & Heritage Marketing
- Sports Marketing in a Global Context
- Retail Marketing Management
A good level of performance across both semesters and a satisfactory Research Proposal are necessary for students to progress to the Dissertation stage of the MSc. The dissertation is your opportunity to study, in depth, a specific marketing problem in an area of personal interest.
Dissertations typically involve desk research and literature reviews, then case studies of individual companies or small-scale primary research. This provides scope for the originality of thought, research fieldwork, and analysis and presentation of results.
Learning & teaching
Teaching methods include case studies, simulations, seminars, presentations, teamwork, problem-solving exercises, and ‘hands-on’ real-life business projects.
These methods are designed to facilitate the integration of the theoretical and practical aspects of the program and encourage interaction among students. All classes require a high level of the student.
A comprehensive support package is provided to enhance your learning and to ensure maximum benefit during your period of study. This includes:
- a package of essential texts for all core classes
- employability seminars and career counseling
- Access to relevant databases
- a student/staff consultative committee providing an effective mechanism for student feedback throughout the year
Each year, we ask our students to evaluate the value of both the quality of the teaching and the associated support package to ensure that we maintain the highest standards.
Learning and teaching methods will vary between courses. These will include:
- online updates
- class discussions
- role-playing exercises
- case studies
- directed reading tasks
- guest lectures
- student-led presentations
- DVD/Podcast presentations
- Computer-based/experiential learning
- Self-motivated reading and research
Assessment for core classes comprises a combination of examinations worth 60% and assignments worth 40%. Elective classes have no examinations and are assessed in a variety of ways using essay/report-based assignments worth 100%.
World-class speakers from major international organizations give lectures on our programs reflecting the high calibre of industry collaborations of the Department.
Our Master's in Marketing degree is recognised globally for its excellence and graduates develop careers in marketing and related employment all over the world. Some graduates choose to continue studying for a PhD.
Job titles and employers
A small selection of job titles and employers is represented in the following examples*.
Job titles include:
- Category Marketing Executive
- Integrated Marketing Officer
- Operations Manager
- UK Sales Planner
- IRONMAN Austria
*Based on the results of the National Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey.
3rd in the UK for Marketing
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Scottish postgraduate students
Scottish postgraduate students may be able to apply for support from the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS). The support is in the form of a tuition fee loan and for eligible students, a living cost loan.
Students coming from England
Students ordinarily resident in England may be to apply for postgraduate support from Student Finance England. The support is a loan of up to £10,280 which can be used for both tuition fees and living costs.
Students coming from Wales
Students ordinarily resident in Wales may be to apply for postgraduate support from Student Finance Wales. The support is a loan of up to £10,280 which can be used for both tuition fees and living costs.
Students coming from Northern Ireland
Postgraduate students who are ordinarily resident in Northern Ireland may be able to apply for support from Student Finance Northern Ireland. The support is a tuition fee loan of up to £5,500.
We have a large range of scholarships available to help you fund your studies.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.