Master in Business Intelligence & Analytics
Stevens Institute of Technology - Graduate Studies
Distance Learning, On-Campus
Full time, Part time
USD 18,340 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* /semester Full-time Tuition Rate (9-12 credits)
Few managers combine business acumen with the technical expertise to guide their organization into a digital era, where the value is created through artificial intelligence, deep learning, and predictive analytics.
The Business Intelligence & Analytics master's program provides a blend of analytical and professional skills to help you become a manager who challenges assumptions and uses data to make evidence-based decisions. At Stevens, you'll master new tools that will help you refine products, services, and strategies while setting the pace for your company in markets undergoing constant, technology-driven change.
The curriculum covers the concepts at the forefront of the data revolution — machine learning, language processing, web mining, optimization and risk analytics. Classes explore key business concepts while going beyond basics in R, SAS, Hadoop, Python, and Sparc. The program culminates in a capstone experience in which you'll work on a project, using real data, under the guidance of an industry mentor.
Meet the director: Dr. Christopher Asakiewicz
Dr. Asakiewicz has done pioneering work in knowledge mining and its applications in business, especially life sciences. Previously, he spent two decades in management roles in the life sciences industry, retiring from Pfizer as vice president for global pharmaceuticals.
The master's program trains students to understand both the business implications of Big Data and the technology that makes that data useful. In doing so, it leans heavily on the high-tech infrastructure at Stevens, which gives students direct exposure to the kind of challenges they will engage in the workplace. Students will cultivate the skills to collect, analyze and interpret data in strategic data planning and management; databases and data warehousing; data mining and machine learning; network analysis and social media; and risk, modeling, and optimization, and will learn to apply those skills to business problems in order to form an actionable strategy.
The master's in Business Intelligence & Analytics can be completed entirely online. Courses indicated with (O) are available online.
- FIN 615 Financial Decision Making (O)
- MIS 630 Data Management (O)
- MIS 636 Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence (O)
- BIA 650 Process Optimization and Analytics (O)
- BIA 670 Risk Management and Simulation (O) *
- BIA 652 Multivariate Data Analytics (O)
- BIA 654 Experimental Design (O)
- MIS 637 Data Analytics and Machine Learning (O)
- BIA 656 Advanced Data Analytics and Machine Learning *
- BIA 658 Social Network Analytics (O)
- BIA 660 Web Mining (O) *
- BIA 662 Cognitive Computing *
- BIA 664 Data and Information Quality *
- BIA 670 Risk Management: Methods and Applications *
- BIA 672 Marketing Analytics (O) *
- BIA 674 Supply Chain Analytics (O) *
- BIA 676 Data Streams Analytics: Internet of Things *
- BIA 678 Big Data Technologies (O)
- BIA 686 Practicum in Analytics
* Choose two with advisor permission
** International students may take BIA 702 Curricular Practical Training with advisor permission.
The Business Intelligence & Analytics program was designed to prepare professionals for the varied set of skills they will need to become standouts in this rapidly shifting field. The four components of the curriculum ensure students develop practical knowledge that positions them to excel on the job.
- Professional skills
- Disciplinary knowledge
- Technical skills
The master's program includes a concentration tailored to the career demands of students in data science.
This highly flexible concentration prepares students to become specialists in the highly in-demand field of data science. Working with their advisor, students select between two and four courses offered in the Computer Science, Financial Engineering and Mathematics departments at Stevens.
U.S News & World Report:
- No. 77: Best Business Schools: Graduate
- No. 14: Non-MBA business programs online
- No. 16: Business Analytics OnlineThe Princeton Review: Among “Best Business Schools”
TFE Times: #11 in U.S. for Business Analytics
- 93% of graduates are employed within three months of graduation
- $94K average compensation for graduates
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.