Master in Cyber Security and Resilience
St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences
Full time, Part time
EUR 727 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for students from third countries; EUR 3,000 + student union - fee per year
The development and operation of secure and resilient information systems is a basic requirement for the functioning of our digital society. The English-language study programme ideally prepares you for a job in the field of cyber security and resilience and offers you the best career opportunities – both at home and abroad. Cyber Security and Resilience aims at providing you with the necessary knowledge to develop and operate secure and resilient information systems and digital services.
The dual structure of the master degree programme allows our students to put their acquired know-how into practice directly at our partner companies. In this way, you achieve the best possible learning outcomes and you are well prepared for current cyber security challenges.
- Organisational Security and Resilience is concerned with organisational security measures, standards and best practices as well as risk and resilience management
- Technical Security and Resilience deals with the technical protection of information systems and the analysis of vulnerabilities and security incidents
- Applied Security Competence (Dual Project) supports students in putting their knowledge into practice with company partners
- Future Work Skills promotes the transfer of knowledge in areas such as conversation techniques during audits, data analysis skills or personnel management
- Diploma Thesis/Master Thesis enables students at the end of their studies to focus on an individually chosen topic
Information security plays a central role for companies and institutions. Recent studies have shown that experts in the field of cyber security and resilience are in urgent demand. After completing this study programme, you will be a sought-after specialist with various different career opportunities and professional prospects.
Possible occupational fields include:
- (Chief) Information Security Officer
- Cyber Defense Analyst
- Security Consultant
- IT Forensic Expert
- Cyber Risk Manager
- Information Security Auditor
- Cyber Resilience Specialist
- Data Protection Officer