MSc in Region Studies: Russian Federation
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
Saint Petersburg, Russia
RUB 292,600 / per year
Request info *
Earliest start date
* applications start February 1st, 2023
With the Master's Degree Program 'Regional Studies: Russian Federation' you will gain more profound and comprehensive knowledge about Russia.
The major objective of the program is to build up knowledge, skills, and abilities making it possible to perform a comprehensive analysis related to regions in the Russian Federation. The course deals with problems of regional development and gives insights into cultural, historical, demographic, and economic issues of the Russian Federation.
- The course is primarily delivered in English;
- Regular participation in seminars, conferences, and forums;
- In-depth knowledge delivered by highly-expertize professors;
- International relevant contacts for a successful career in international governmental and non-governmental organizations;
- Cross-cultural studies and other extracurricular activities at the University;
- Scholarships to study abroad in English in one of the European partner universities (a semester or a summer school)
- Training and activities regarding issues of public authorities engaged with domestic and foreign policies, various scientific, educational, informational, and cultural exchanges, trade and economic cooperation, bilateral and multilateral communication links.
The focus of the program is to develop and drill down practical skills of regional development in international companies and organizations ensured by a wide range of teaching methods- lectures, case studies, cross-cultural teamwork, experts’ workshops, etc.
Scholarships and Funding
The scholarship covers tuition fees and accomodation fees, as well as a monthly stipend.
Two options for getting the scholarship:
1. For the 2023/2024 academic year - Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education scholarship (so-called quota)
Application period: December 20, 2022 - February 20, 2023
To apply for the quota of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia https://education-in-russia.com
- Sign up and submit an application form online
- Choose the Polytechnic University your Priority #1
- Attach your scanned documents
- Pass a competitive selection in your country
- Get your visa and arrive to study in Russia!
2. For 2024/2025 academic year - International Olympiad ""Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project"" for Master's Degree and Ph.D. studies
You can also participate in the International Olympiad ""Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project"" co-organized by Polytechnic University. The winners have an opportunity to pursue their Master's and Ph.D. degrees for free. The Olympiad is intended for both international applicants and SPbPU students in their final years of Bachelor's, Specialist's, or Master's studies http://opendoors.spbstu.ru/english.html
- Qualifying round (registration, portfolio contest is held online)
September 15 –December 10, 2023
- Final round (online test)
January 11 – January 30, 2024
- Interview round (for the doctoral track – Ph.D. applicants)
March 1 – March 19, 2024