MSc in Molecular and Cellular Biomedical Technologies Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
Why should you choose Molecular and Cellular Biomedical Technologies?
- The strong connection between Education and Science.
- Interdisciplinary knowledge at the intersection of biology, pharmacology, cell, and molecular medicine.
- Skills and knowledge of the new biomedical technologies.
- Prospective employment in Scientific research.
About the program
Fundamental background and Practical skills in the following fields:
- Molecular Biology and Virology
- Medical bioinformatics
- Mathematical Modeling
- Laboratory Management
Special focus is set on
Molecular and cellular approaches for the development of therapies against socially significant diseases such as viral and bacterial infections, cancer and autoimmune diseases, hereditary diseases.
- Biotechnology companies
- Research institutes
- Biomedical centers
Research and Educational centers
Laboratory of molecular neurodegeneration
The main research areas at the laboratory are fundamental and applied research in Neuroscience, neuropathology, and neurophysiology.
Laboratory of microencapsulation and controlled delivery of biologically active compounds
The main Research area of the center connected to the development and application of biotechnological systems for targeting and delivering different biological compounds using microencapsulation.
Scientific and educational complex "Immunobiotechnology and gene therapy" (in collaboration with the Smorodintsev Research Institute of Influenza)
Development of vaccines and immunotherapy approaches against infectious diseases. The Center is specialized in viral vector and recombinants vaccines, RNA vaccines, and therapy.
Scientific and educational complex "Nano biotechnologies"
The Center uses the most advanced experimental approaches to study the composition and structure of the most complex biological objects, identify their functions at the cellular and subcellular levels, determine trace amounts of metabolites in human vital products, study the most complex biochemical processes at the molecular level, study the dynamics of nanomachines at a single molecular level, use gene therapy.
Research Laboratory "Molecular Virology and Oncology"
The main focus of the laboratory is connected with fundamental Research and the development of modern biomedical approaches for the detection and treatment of viral infections and cancer using molecular biology, biotechnology, and gene engineering.
Key competencies and skills that you will develop
- Research skills in molecular and cellular biology, immunobiotechnology.
- Up-to-date technologies for drug and vaccine design.
- Skills in molecular modeling and bioinformatics.
- Basics of the preclinical trials.
Major areas of expertise
Life science, biomedical systems, and technologies, cellular and molecular biology, biophysics, biotechnology, molecular virology and immunology, biological materials, drug and vaccine design.
Where will you work afterward?
Graduates will be able to work in various fields of Biomedicine: from bacteriology and virology to genetics and laboratory diagnostics.
Educational and Research institutions, R&D centers, Biotechnological companies.
Scholarships and Funding
The scholarship covers tuition fees and accomodation fees, as well as a monthly stipend.
Two options for getting the scholarship:
1. For 2023/2024 academic year - Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education scholarship (so-called quota)
Application period: December 20, 2022 - February 20, 2023
To apply for the quota of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia https://education-in-russia.com
- Sign up and submit an application form online
- Choose the Polytechnic University your Priority #1
- Attach your scanned documents
- Pass a competitive selection in your country
- Get your visa and arrive to study in Russia!
2. For 2024/2025 academic year - International Olympiad ""Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project"" for Master's Degree and Ph.D. studies
You can also participate in the International Olympiad ""Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project"" co-organized by Polytechnic University. The winners have an opportunity to pursue their Master's and Ph.D. degrees for free. The Olympiad is intended for both international applicants and SPbPU students in their final years of Bachelor's, Specialist's, or Master's studies http://opendoors.spbstu.ru/english.html
- Qualifying round (registration, portfolio contest is held online)
September 15 –December 10, 2023
- Final round (online test)
January 11 – January 30, 2024
- Interview round (for the doctoral track – Ph.D. applicants)
March 1 – March 19, 2024