Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University was founded in 1899. SPbPU is a "National Research University", also known in Russia and abroad as Polytechnic Institute — a recognized Russian and worldwide leader in the field of higher engineering and economic education. Currently, it also remains at the leading positions in the rating of Russian engineering higher educational institutions. The Polytechnic University is based on a compact park-like campus in the residential northwest district of St. Petersburg. A greater part of the campus is a large park with a large number of university buildings scattered around it.
Our university is a winner of the Research Leadership track of the Federal academic leadership program “Priority 2030”.
At the present time in SPbPU, there are 33000+ students and postgraduates, more than 8500 of them are foreign citizens from 120 countries who annually study at different SPbPU programs. The University is carrying out education in the following areas: engineering, physics, economics, humanities, and information technologies.
The University trains specialists in 50+ Bachelor and Master Degree fields of study, 90+ PhD and Doctorate scientific directions. In addition, in SPbPU there are a number of non-degree and international educational programs.
Polytechnic University has a very prominent place in the global academic community. The University is partner with many academic institutions and industrial companies:
- more than 320 partner universities from 70 countries,
- over 100 world's leading companies have direct contracts with Polytechnic University.
Annually, the University hosts numerous high-level international symposiums and conferences, publishes tens of scientific magazines and scholarly books.
The historical part of the campus is situated in a wonderful park which has always been a place of inspiration and subject of love for many generations of students and faculty.
Today the Polytechnical University structure includes:
- 12 Institutes and Graduate schools
- More than 100 departments and 120 R&E laboratories
- Research centers, innovation laboratories, science park
- Fundamental library — one of the largest scientific and technical libraries in Russia
- International Student campus
- Medical center
- Modern sports center
- University campus 120 hectares, 170+ educational and research buildings
- University Accommodation (18 dormitories)
- Concert halls etc.
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University presents its International Master Degree Programmes. These programs are fully delivered in English by world-class professors from SPbPU and other Russian and foreign universities. They provide unique opportunities for international mobility in leading European universities. We organize practical training and internships for our students in well-known companies.
- Wide-range of subject areas
- Combination of fundamental preparation and practical studies
- Opportunities for international mobility – a semester abroad at academic partners of SPbPU
- Double degree options
- World-class professors from SPbPU and leading European universities
- A future successful career in top executive positions with companies operating in the global market
- Scholarships for best international and Russian students
- Comfortable student dormitories and eventful student life
- Studying in one of the most beautiful cities in the world
The Polytechnic University is a large community - it provides a wide range of social, cultural, recreational, and up-to-date on-campus facilities for its students and staff. These are available for all those who would wish to indulge in a corporate life of the University in accordance with their personal concerns. Be it sports, music, dancing, acting, or whatever - you can find facilities and people to share your interests. Those who take part in corporate life derive great benefit from it while in the University and in later years: friendships made on this friendly campus can last a lifetime.
International Master Degree Programs have three main focuses:
- Natural Sciences
- Economics & Management
Please have a look at the programs offered.