Master of Theology (Th.M.)
Southern Methodist University Perkins School of Theology
Earliest start date
The Master of Theology program is designed for students to fulfill one or more of three goals:
• Enhancing the practice of ministry through advanced study of a particular theological or pastoral discipline.
• Scholarly examination of a specific aspect of the Christian religion/traditions or function of Christian ministry.
• Preparation for more advanced study at the doctoral level.
Students may choose to focus within one of the following broad divisions:
1. The Biblical Witness.
2. The Heritage & Context of Christianity.
3. The Interpretation of the Christian Witness.
4. The Theology & Practice of Ministry.
Students who successfully complete this program will be able to:
1. Demonstrate advanced understanding of their stated area of focus.
2. Identify and evaluate the primary methods of research in the stated area of focus.
3. Formulate useful research questions and develop research strategies in the stated area of focus.