MSc Sport Business Management
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield, United Kingdom
GBP 19,130 *
31 May 2024
Earliest start date
* for international/EU students | £11,250 for UK students
Prepare for an exciting career in the sports industry on a course with excellent industry ties and a strong graduate network.
- Build the knowledge and attributes you’ll need for a professional career in sport.
- Work with world-class sports organisations on an industry-based project in an optional 12 week placement.
- Benefit from the experience of tutors with substantial industry, research and consultancy experience.
- Gain the contacts, skills and credentials you’ll need to make an impact.
This course focuses on the core aspects of sports business. Through practice-based learning you’ll build up your existing experience with the knowledge and contacts you need. You’ll leave with a degree that’s recognised by the world’s leading professional marketing body and respected across the industry.
On this course you’ll improve your employability skills and develop specialist knowledge of the global sports industry. You’ll learn to identify and develop creative solutions for major clients – gaining practical experience through optional industry placements, while attaining a sound theoretical grounding under the guidance of our experts. You’ll also have access to an employability adviser who can help with writing applications, preparing for interviews and developing your CV – as well as offering tailored career guidance.
You learn through
- research projects for major clients
- optional industry placements
- independent learning
You’ll have the option to complete a 12-week work project, receiving support and advice from a mentor in a client organisation, as well as a member of academic staff. We’ll use our network of local, regional, national and international employers to help secure you a challenging and fulfilling experience.
Recent clients have included Formula 1, Gfinity, the International Olympic Committee, Virtus, FutbolJobs, Sheffield United FC and Sheffield Wednesday FC.
As part of your studies, you’ll undertake an industry-based research project – working with sport organisations to solve problems or explore potential market opportunities.
The course has plenty of chances to build your network – with superb industry ties and opportunities for work placements and research projects. We also have an established and strong graduate network on LinkedIn, which you’ll gain access to once you join the course.
This course prepares you for a career in
- regional, national and international sporting bodies
- local authority and voluntary sector sport
- sporting clubs
- sport leagues
- major venues and facilities
- event management organisations
- sports consultancies
- player-agent organisations
- sport-related government agencies
- sponsorship procurement
Previous graduates of this course have gone on to work as
- business development professional at Arsenal FC
- coaching projects consultant in the Premier League
- CRM and insight manager at Leaders in Sport
- research and insight analyst in Formula 1
- world para snow sports manager at the International Paralympic Committee
Scholarships and Funding
We are offering competitive scholarships, discounts and awards for international fee paying students.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.