MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management (Work Experience Route)
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield, United Kingdom
GBP 17,205 / per year **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* there are no fixed application deadlines however our courses can become full so improve your chances by applying as early as possible
** for international/EU students or £18,705 (with work experience) | £10,310 for UK students or £11,810 (with work experience)
Gain the skills, knowledge, and work experience you need for management and senior management positions in this complex, dynamic, and fast-growing industry.
- Gain useful skills and industry contacts through work experience.
- Plan, manage and promote products, businesses, and destinations competitively and sustainably.
- Critically challenge your understanding of the industries in practical contexts.
- Become equipped with the employability skills necessary to enter or progress in the international hospitality and tourism industries.
In this course, you’ll gain the skills and knowledge you need to sustainably plan, manage and promote products, businesses, and services. You’ll get contacts and expertise through real industry work experience.
The course helps you to start or develop a career in the international hospitality and tourism industries.
You build a strong theoretical foundation by studying both business management, hospitality and tourism modules — and during apply your knowledge in real industry work experience.
You learn through
- face to face experiences
- virtual or simulated active or experiential workshops,
- seminars, tutorials and site visits
This course is delivered face-to-face over three semesters - teaching is scheduled based on the length of your course and the academic calendar.
Work experience is embedded midway through your course. Your dissertation module will be submitted upon completion of your placement.
Work experience is embedded on this course, providing you with a great opportunity to develop your practical skills in the UK or abroad. It also allows you to gain vital industry contacts for your future career.
We help you gain a placement by running employability workshops and have a dedicated work experience team to support you.
Previous placements have taken place at
- Omega Travel
- Visit Peak District and Derbyshire
- Anantara resorts
- Como resorts
- the Gleneagles hotel
- the Hotelbeds Group
- Networking opportunities
Guest lectures from visiting academics, researchers and other professionals, and case studies will be utilised to further enhance your knowledge and understanding and to encourage contact with the industry, as well as field visits within certain modules.
This course prepares you for a career in
- management and senior management positions in a complex and dynamic industry
- further study by completing a PhD or Doctorate in Business administration
Previous students have gone on to work for
- international tour operators
- transport operators
- visitor attractions
- resort management
- hotel corporations
- conference and event organisers
- national tourist organisations
- government agencies
- tourism consultancy firms
Scholarships and Funding
We are offering competitive scholarships, discounts and awards for international fee paying students.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.