Saskatchewan Polytechnic is recognized around the world for its international engagement and development projects. With campuses located in the province's four largest cities and through extensive distance education opportunities, we offer career-focused, applied education, and research opportunities. More than 150 programs offered provide rewarding careers in business, information technology, health, mining, transportation, and other sectors for graduates (with more than 80 programs available to international students). Saskatchewan Polytechnic has a consistently high graduate employment rate and a global reputation for innovative, industry-focused programming.
We aim to inspire success in every learning journey, which in turn inspires each of us to go above and beyond expectations to achieve the highest levels of quality—in our teaching, our programming, our learning, and our services. We are able to do this by maintaining high standards, strong competencies, committed partnerships, and being responsive and accessible. We foster an open and inclusive environment that embraces diverse cultures, heritages, and opinions.
Vision, mission, and mandate
Saskatchewan Polytechnic serves students through applied learning opportunities on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 Territories and the homeland of the Métis people. Learning takes place at campuses in Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina, and Saskatoon and through extensive distance education opportunities. Programs serve every economic and public service sector. As a polytechnic, the organization provides the depth of learning appropriate to employer and student needs, including certificate, diploma and degree programs, and apprenticeship training. Saskatchewan Polytechnic engages in applied research, drawing on faculty expertise to support innovation by employers, and providing students the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills.
We empower a better Saskatchewan.
This is why we exist, and the foundation upon which everything we do is built. Saskatchewan Polytechnic is the driving force that empowers and strengthens our province in everything we do. We encourage an economically and socially stronger, more informed, and better-prepared Saskatchewan. We realize opportunities for individuals (learners, staff, faculty, employers) and the collective—Saskatchewan at large. And through our leadership position in Saskatchewan, we establish our reputation nationally and around the world. We have an ultimate reason for being, which inspires not only our vision and mission but hopefully everyone that connects with Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
To lead the rise of polytechnic education.
Our vision defines where we want the strategic plan to take us. As we look forward to this new decade, applied education has never been more critical to our collective success, at home and around the world. Our leadership position comes from a drive to define the reputation of polytechnic education in Canada and establish its role in building a better future.
Inspire success in every learning journey.
Our mission establishes how we will achieve our vision. Saskatchewan Polytechnic is passionate about creating an environment where lifelong learners gain the knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve and succeed at work, in their communities, and in life. We know that by empowering learners to realize their aspirations throughout their learning journey, we are building a better Saskatchewan and a better world.
We support every learning journey, whether for our students, colleagues, or industry partners. And so we show our care for one another and our workplace. We foster an open and inclusive environment that embraces diverse cultures, heritages, and opinions. We honor, learn from, work with and support each other as one team.
We are leaders in the global polytechnic community, and as such we are honest and fair in all we do. We are committed to being accountable and transparent. We are truthful with one another. We hold ourselves to high standards of ethical behavior and take responsibility for our actions.
We aim to empower a better future by leading the rise of polytechnic education. Therefore, we work, live, and learn in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. We support the health, safety, and overall well-being of our learners, employees, and partners. We are conscientious stewards of our resources and continuously look for entrepreneurial and creative ways to strengthen and improve our institution.
We aim to inspire success in every learning journey, which in turn inspires each of us to go above and beyond expectations to achieve the highest levels of quality—in our teaching, our programming, our learning, and our services. We are able to do this by maintaining high standards, strong competencies, committed partnerships, and being responsive and accessible.
Impressive achievements which we proudly bring to our students:
- Grads are in demand: 94% of employers would hire a Saskatchewan Polytechnic grad again. Learn by doing: Approximately two-thirds of our programs offer a work-integrated, learning component to gain real-world experience.
- Strong industry connection: 92% employment rate within six months to one year of graduation.
- Small classes with 25-30 people. If you like the small class feel, this is great for you.
- Strength in applied research: Students are encouraged and supported by faculty to partner with businesses, industry, and the community on applied research projects that provide real-world solutions to today’s challenges.
- We offer optional Coop programs in conjunction with students’ studies, which allows students to work in their field, alongside industry leaders in Saskatchewan.
- Diploma to Degree transfer for most of the diploma programs.
- The First Qualified/First Admitted (FQFA) is the admission method for the majority of programs and helps to secure seats up to 10 months ahead of school start dates.
- Saskatchewan offers free health care for international students.
- GRP provides a tax credit for graduates who stays and works in Saskatchewan after graduation. Can receive up to $6400 of your tuition back after studying with us.
- SINP is arguably one of the best provincial nominee programs for students in the country. SINP provided a very direct path to permanent residency for students looking to immigrate to Canada following graduation. The Saskatchewan government is actively attracting young people to the province. We have the lowest percentage of 18 to 64-year-old people in the country – this is the labor force.