มหาวิทยาลัยราชภัฏพระนครศรีอยุธยา It originated from the Old City Teacher Training School, which King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) was graciously graciously pleased to bestow on the amount of 30,000 baht to the Ministry of Dharma to establish a teacher training school. held at the back of the Chankasem Palace on July 1, 1905, then developed into Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Teacher Training School and Phra Nakhon Si Yuthaya Teacher College, respectively. On February 14, 1992, His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej His Majesty graciously bestowed the name of 36 teacher colleges as “Rajabhat Institutes”, which was considered the highest graciousness. But by law, such names cannot be used. Because the Teacher College Act has to be revised to be the Institution Act. Rajabhat first Until January 25, 1995, the Act was promulgated. Rajabhat Institute, including receiving the royal "Royal Seal" which is the royal seal To be a symbol of the Rajabhat Institute later in the year 1999 there was a reform of the education system to be more united. in accordance with the spirit of the National Education Act
Later in the year 1999, with the dissolution of the Ministry of Universities and the Ministry of Education together and there has been a restructuring of the administration of higher education affairs in the new country By requiring organizations to take care of the higher education sector at that time must be integrated into a single organization This includes the office of the Rajabhat Institute Council. then to operate under the supervision of the Office of the Higher Education Commission Ministry of Education and the Rajabhat University Act Raise the status of Rajabhat institutions across the country to be With effect from June 15, 2004, Ayutthaya Rajabhat Institute has been upgraded to " มหาวิทยาลัยราชภัฏพระนครศรีอยุธยา " since then.