MSc in Urban Planning and Policy Design
Politecnico di Milano
EUR 3,898 / per year **
29 Feb 2024*
Earliest start date
* 1st call (for all the programs and all the countries): from 12th September till 9th November 2023. 2nd call (for all the programs and all the countries): from 9th January till 29th February 2024
** tuition fees for Non-EEA students correspond automatically to the full contribution of 3898,20€; tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € per year
Mission and Goals
In the urban planning spectrum, on the one hand, consolidation of a series of urban management activities that require advanced interpretation and application can be identified:
- the development of general urban planning tools;
- infrastructural, housing, transport, services, and environmental policies;
- management of complex programs and projects.
On the other hand, the demand for new urban and territorial policies that require specific professional competence is increasing.
This Master of Science offers an advanced academic route in designing spatial arrangements and urban policies, to transform and manage the city, territory, and environment.
- Urban planning and design
- Urban policies
- Planning theory and practice
- Policy analysis
- Contemporary city
- Infrastructure planning, and design
- Energy and urban planning
- Housing and neighborhoods
- Regional economics
- European economics and welfare
- Urban ethnography
- Conflicts management
- Land use ethics and the law
- Smart cities and urban innovation
- Techniques of urban simulation
- Assessment of urban transformations.
The main professional opportunities for Master of Science graduates are in the free-lance sector (after having sat the professional examinations) and in institutions and public and private bodies operating to transform and manage the city, territory, and environment.