Master of Science in Information Systems
Nova Southeastern University, College of Computing and Engineering
Fort Lauderdale, USA
Distance Learning, On-Campus
12 - 24 months
Full time, Part time
USD 950 / per credit **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. We recommend having application and all required documents submitted one month prior to the start of the desired term
** additional fees may apply. Rates are subject to change
Be a Leader at the Heart of Business and Technology
Apply systems thinking and technology to make any organization work smarter with a Master of Science in Information Systems from NSU. This program is perfect for you if you like solving problems, using technology strategically, managing projects, and communicating with people at all levels of business.
Get first-hand experience using the information to improve organizations and processes and reach business goals. You’ll benefit from higher starting salaries and more career opportunities. Information Systems jobs are in high demand and projected to continue growing at a rate faster than average, which means that your graduate degree can easily propel you to the job or position of your choice.
Choose From Three Concentrations
- Business Intelligence/Data Analytics
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Management*
- User Experience (UX)/Human-Computer Interaction
*The security concentration is recognized by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Accelerate Your Information Systems Degree
In the tech world, every second counts. Advance your future with new 8-week courses designed to be completed in 1 year.
Students can select to take online or on-campus classes. Online classes can be taken from anywhere in the world where Internet access is available. NSU utilizes Blackboard as the learning management system to deliver online course content. On-campus classes are held on the main campus in Fort Lauderdale. Each on-campus class meets once a week from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. 8-week courses are available, so you can earn your degree in 1 year.
Here are some of the reasons why students chose NSU
- Small class sizes give you one-to-one access to professors. All our classes are exclusively taught by faculty members with doctoral degrees from accredited institutions. Our faculty are internationally recognized scholars in computing, engineering, and information science.
- We focus on degree programs that prepare you for careers listed by U.S. News & World Report 100 Best Jobs in 2021. You can even ask our alumni who work at Fortune 500 organizations, federal and government agencies, and universities around the world.
- Vibrant campus life includes NCAA Athletics, social and professional organizations, cultural activities, and wellness and fitness.
- Ranked a top 200 best colleges among national universities in 2018.
- Prestigious graduate programs in medicine, law, psychology, business, education, pharmacy, dentistry, and more.
- A diverse student population includes 1200 international students from 116 countries on five continents.
- State-of-the-art facilities include the latest classroom technology, advanced laboratories, and the best research libraries.
- Many NSU graduates go on to earn master's, doctoral or professional degrees at NSU or other universities. Undergraduate students participate in NSU research in fields like medicine, oceanography, cancer, psychology, dentistry, and autism.
- Students build relationships by participating in numerous community events, many held on NSU’s campus. Our beautiful main campus is just minutes from Fort Lauderdale's beach, South Beach, Las Olas nightlife and the Everglades.
The Master of Science in Information Systems has three concentration options, along with a no-concentration option. Students must complete 30 credits. Core courses, concentrations, and electives are listed below.
A graduate with an M.S. in Management Information Systems will have the ability to:
- communicate management information systems concepts, designs, and solutions effectively and professionally;
- apply knowledge of management information systems to produce effective designs and solutions for specific problems;
- identify, analyze, and synthesize scholarly literature relating to the field of management information systems;
- evaluate software development tools, software systems, and modern computing platforms.
- Chief information officer
- Cybersecurity analyst/director of IT security/chief information security officer
- Data scientist/business intelligence analyst
- Information systems manager
- Project manager
- Systems analyst
- User experience designer/researcher