Master of Science in Computer Science
Nova Southeastern University, College of Computing and Engineering
Distance Learning, On-Campus
12 - 24 months
Full time, Part time
USD 950 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* additional fees may apply. Rates are subject to change
Be What's Next
For the next decade, there’s nothing but growth projected for Computer Science jobs. Get your Master of Science in Computer Science from NSU, and take your career to any industry, just about anywhere in the world. Its cachet is backed up by practical, real-world skills to lead advanced projects, work in specialized roles, and manage entire systems, networks, and databases.
Choose From Six Concentrations:
- Software Engineering
- Computer Systems
- Data Science
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity*
- Real-World Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
*The security concentration is recognized by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and its affiliated federal agencies.
Accelerate Your Computer Science Degree
In the tech world, every second counts. Advance your future with new 8-week courses designed to be completed in 1 year.
Students can select to take online or on-campus classes. Online classes can be taken from anywhere in the world where Internet access is available. NSU utilizes Canvas as the learning management system to deliver online course content. On-campus classes are held on the main campus in Fort Lauderdale. Each on-campus class meets once a week from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. 8-week courses are available, so you can earn your degree in 1 year.
Here are some of the reasons why students chose NSU
- Small class sizes give you one-to-one access to professors. All our classes are exclusively taught by faculty members with doctoral degrees from accredited institutions. Our faculty are internationally recognized scholars in computing, engineering, and information science.
- We focus on degree programs that prepare you for careers listed by U.S. News & World Report 100 Best Jobs in 2021. You can even ask our alumni who work at Fortune 500 organizations, federal and government agencies, and universities around the world.
- Vibrant campus life includes NCAA Athletics, social and professional organizations, cultural activities, and wellness and fitness.
- Ranked a top 200 best colleges among national universities in 2018.
- Prestigious graduate programs in medicine, law, psychology, business, education, pharmacy, dentistry, and more.
- A diverse student population includes 1200 international students from 116 countries on five continents.
- State-of-the-art facilities include the latest classroom technology, advanced laboratories, and the best research libraries.
- Many NSU graduates go on to earn master's, doctoral or professional degrees at NSU or other universities. Undergraduate students participate in NSU research in fields like medicine, oceanography, cancer, psychology, dentistry, and autism.
- Students build relationships by participating in numerous community events, many held on NSU’s campus. Our beautiful main campus is just minutes from Fort Lauderdale's beach, South Beach, Las Olas nightlife, and the Everglades.
The Master of Science in Computer Science has five concentration options, along with a no concentration option. Students must complete 30 credits. Core courses, concentrations, and electives are listed below. Students who opt to do a thesis will replace two of the elective courses with these credits. Plans for the thesis option must be made with and approved by the program office.
A graduate with an M.S. in Computer Science will have the ability to:
- communicate computer science concepts, designs, and solutions effectively and professionally;
- apply knowledge of computing to produce effective designs and solutions for specific problems;
- identify, analyze, and synthesize scholarly literature relating to the field of computer science;
- use software development tools, software systems, and modern computing platforms.
- Intelligence engineer
- Data scientist
- Software engineer
- Systems software developer
- User interface designer/developer