M.S. in Information Technology
North Carolina A&T State University
Distance Learning, On-Campus
USD 5,278 / per semester **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* domestic applicants; March 15th: international applicants
** total in-state tuition and fees: $5,277.56 | total out-of-state tuition and fees: $11,677.56. Additional fees may apply. Fees are subject to change
The field of Information Technology is today's fastest-growing profession. As information technology continues to advance rapidly, job offers in computing professions remain high. Our Information Technology program will give you an in-depth understanding of computer networking, database management, data mining, high-performance computing, low-power design, and wireless communication.
By pursuing this Master of Science degree, you will gain the mastery and expertise necessary to succeed in the profession.
The Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) prepares students to pursue technical, as well as management careers in all employment sectors. The program emphasizes the acquisition of sound theoretical concepts with intensive “hands-on” experience in the area of information technology. The courses are taught by faculty with high-level expertise gained through their research activity, affiliations with industry, and professional experience. We offer three different options to suit the needs of full-time and part-time students and working professionals.
- Cloud Computing
- Computer and Network Security
- Enterprise Computing
- High-Performance Computing
- Information Retrieval
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
- Wireless Networking
Scholarships and Funding
The University currently funds some assistantships and may have financial assistance for tuition remission and stipends. Reduced tuition may be available through the NC Model Teacher Consortium. The University’s Office of Financial Aid may also have assistance opportunities.
Financial aid is based on merit and availability of funds.
Total credit hours: 30
- Core courses (9 credit hours): ITT 700, 702, 703
- Select 15 credit hours from: ITT 605, 610, 615, 620, 625, 650, 655, 665, 685, 725, 729, 731, 735, 745, 750, 752, 789; ECT 759
- Thesis: Select 6 credit hours from: ITT 791, 792, 793, 794
- Select 21 credit hours from: ITT 605, 610, 615, 620, 625, 650, 655, 665, 685, 725, 729, 731, 735, 745, 750, 752, 789; ECT 759
- Communication Skills: Students completing the MS degree program in Information Technology will exhibit effective communication skills (written, oral, graphic, and interpersonal) appropriate for professionals in this field of study at the master’s level.
- Critical Thinking Skills: Students completing the MS degree program in Information Technology will effectively use quantitative and/or qualitative analytical problem-solving skills appropriate for professionals in this field of study at the master’s level.
- Disciplinary Expertise: Students completing the MS degree program in Information Technology will demonstrate a level of discipline-specific expertise (knowledge, skills, and professionalism) appropriate for professionals in information technology at the master’s level.
- Research/Creative Engagement: Students completing the MS degree program in Information Technology will demonstrate an ability to engage productively in the review and conduct of disciplinary research and creative professional activity appropriate for professionals in information technology at the master’s level.
Program Tuition Fee
Our graduates work in a variety of positions, which include Database and Network Administrator, System Analyst, IT consultant, and Project Manager. Our graduates are employed with EMC, Accenture, AT&T, General Electric, IBM, Northrop Grumman, and state and federal agencies. Students have the opportunity to pursue Ph.D. degrees.
From web developing to being a network architect, careers in information technology offer graduates the chance to excel in high-paying salary positions. The average starting salary for an Information Technology (IT) Manager is $83,179 per year.
Salary Range: $75,000 to $135,000
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.