Master of Engineering Management
Earliest start date
* merit-based scholarships are available
The Master of Engineering Management degree program is offered by the School of Engineering and Digital Sciences in partnership with the Graduate School of Business at Nazarbayev University. The aim of the program is to prepare students with the technical skills and business knowledge for the leadership of engineering-related units of enterprises with innovative solutions for complex business problems.
The program emphasizes adapting and applying analytical, mathematical/optimization, and computing skills and scientific knowledge into business practice. It is the MBA the engineers. Students learn about project management, operations management, supply chain management, engineering management, engineering economy, quality and lean management, big data and information management, marketing, R&D management, new product development, entrepreneurship, business ethics, business strategy, business communication, leading change and innovation, and many other aspects of managing a successful business. MEM is a very popular program attracting many candidates every year. The main reason is that all our graduates find a good job upon graduation or they improve their current job position.
Graduate School of Business courses are offered in the Second Semester and are all block-based and delivered as intensive three weeks courses. SEDS courses, on the other hand, are offered in the other three Semesters and are all long Semester fourteen weeks courses. The aim of the program is to prepare students with the technical skills and business knowledge for the leadership of engineering-related units of enterprises with innovative solutions for complex business problems.
- Campus: Astana, Kazakhstan
- Language: English
- Delivery mode: Full-time, on-campus
- Duration: 2 years
- Total ECTS credits: 120
Aims and objectives
The aims of the MEM program are:
- To provide postgraduate engineers with the current tools, knowledge, and skills necessary for a successful career in local and global engineering management.
- To support the progression of engineers of all disciplines to management roles in both the private and public sectors.
- To develop future leaders of technology-based organizations by providing a state-of-the-art and applied engineering management curriculum to a select group of high-potential students with science and engineering backgrounds.
- To promote the importance of entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship, and the core values of ethical enterprise in modern economies.
School of Engineering and Digital Sciences
Nazarbayev University’s School of Engineering and Digital Sciences (NU SEDS) has designed all of its programs to revolutionize the traditional engineering and science learning environment of lectures and laboratories to include modern components that engage students in project-based exercises in critical thinking.
As world-class leaders in STEM education, all NU SEDS graduates enter the global marketplace as highly skilled experts in their chosen field of study. Our graduates go on to become innovators who overcome the obstacles in Central Asia and Eurasia’s advanced technology industries.
The SEDS promotes a mission of utilizing advanced technologies and research to shape student expertise and train them in critical thinking and inventive design.
Graduates of NU SEDS are coveted in the global engineering and digital science community because of our students’ interdisciplinary perspectives essential to advancing modern industry and infrastructure.
Strategic partners of Nazarbayev University
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business (USA)
- The National University of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (Singapore)
- The University of Pennsylvania (USA)
- The University of Cambridge (UK)
- Colorado School of Mines (USA)
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA)
- The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (USA)
- The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA)
- The Oak Ridge Associated Universities (USA)
Possible career destinations:
- Engineering Project Manager
- Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
- Senior Lead Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Quality Manager
- Cost Systems Analyst
- Production Manager
- Services Unit Manager
- Industrial and System Management Engineer
- Plant Manager